Tailgate open warning when opening glove box

Can anyone tell me if this is normal (but odd) behaviour, or a fault. When the passenger opens the glove box while we are moving the maxidot shows the picture of the car with the tailgate flashing and makes a beeping noise. Seems very odd....

thanks

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2018 at 21:07, paul_7_7_7 said:

¿Alguien puede decirme si esto es un comportamiento normal (pero extraño) o una falla? Cuando el pasajero abre la guantera mientras nos desplazamos, el maxidot muestra la imagen del coche con el portón trasero parpadeando y emite un pitido. Parece muy extraño ...

Gracias

have you changed the original bulbs inside for led?

• 2 years later...

Hi all

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?

I have Skoda Superb Estate (2017) (I bought it used in 2020) and I decided to install rear parking sensor when I bought it. The installation was done by an authorised Skoda service centre. Since then I've been experiencing the same problems as described in previous posts, when I open the glove box, turn on the interior lights or open the mirror on the sun visor, I get an open tailgate warning on the dashboard. Also, when I drive at night, I can see the boot light flashing from time to time.