Pd130 to pd100

Evening, I'm thinking of possibly replacing my 2007 SE with a mk1 fabia estate pd100, seen a few pop up but haven't been to look/take them for a spin yet, I'm guessing there's a few guys on here who has maybe had the opportunity of driving both engines and was wondering how obvious the lack of 30bhp is for every day driving around town?, I'm also led to believe the BLT had a bit more than the stated 130? 

remapping a pd100 isn't really something I'm looking to do especially as I'd like to keep it standard for insurance purposes, I've always been more than happy with the pd130 power delivery and my last 3 cars have all had this engine so Im a bit unsure how the pd100 would be in comparison especially being a slightly bigger car in general

I love my vrs don't get me wrong it's a good old daily, I've just been swaying more toward the practicalitys of an estate past few months and the fact I don't see me moving on from a 1.9 tdi any time soon or possibly ever haha 

Thanks 

Edited by krissyneillie1

@krissyneillie1 - I've never driven either of those engines, but I've driven the 1.9TDi in 90 and 110 forms. The most obvious differences there are longer gearing on the 110 for quieter motorway cruising, and a bit extra mid-range which is nice for overtaking or getting off St James' Interchange onto the M8 West and A737 South. Around town it makes no real odds either way.

We have a Mk2 105 PD Hatch - a mild remap can give +20 torque and at least +4 mpg (as long as you don't clog it too much of course :biggrin:)

Depending on ambient temps and length of trips we get between 58 - 65 mpg - although of course it sounds like a tractor :cool:

If your 130 was or always had been in a Vrs then of course dropping down to a 100 estate you will certainly notice a difference but the gearing being 5 instead of 6 it may not be fair to make comparisons, both are what they are

imo the 100 cries out to be tweaked it's as if it been tuned down from the get go maybe VAG didn't want the Fabia raining on another cars parade

lets be honest an estate will never handle like a hot hatch no matter how it's badged or how many go faster strips it's got some ( of us ) prefer an estate, if it's big enough the Fabia mk1 is the best of the bunch just getting a bit hard to find a late low milage low owners example but well worth the search ( for the uni run I find my octy superb ( if you pardon the pun, mind you if the 1.9 tdi superb had no dpf .......... and an estate !! )

I've had 2 fabia vrs's and one Mk4 golf gt all of which had the 130, remapping is always an option just haven't really looked into how much it would affect the premium etc, the lack of 6 gears would be another thing I'd need to get used to yeah although I'm rarely in 6th most journeys, I use my 2017 Leon fr for the weekend drives out and about, Mrs uses it to commute during the week

Hopefully I should be seeing one at the weekend and will get a better understanding of the power delivery in comparison to my vrs 

Is it just me or do you get the feeling your suddenly not cool enough anymore for a vrs when your hitting 30 lol:D