In trouble......need help

Daxmatt

Ok so I've bought yeti to replace my Renault megane I had, so I parked the megane on my partner's drive while I sold it, the drive was recently block paved...........can you guess where this is going ? the previously faultless Renault has decided to get miffed off at the fact it's been dumped for a yeti and decided to pop a rear shock and drop oil onto the drive, needless to say one very very flustered gf

Anyone managed to get oil off block paving, it's not the standard red it's grey ( not sure that will make a difference) I'd like to try and get it off first myself, if all else fails it will be a call to the pavers to get the blocks replaced as needed but if this could be avoided then that'd be great

Thanks Matt

Our drive is red (brindled) blockwork.

Swarfega Oil & Grease remover cleaned it, but it took 3 or 4 goes, scrubbing with a stiff broom and jet washing off.

(not my car leaking, son doing oil change)

I have used petrol and a rag to get the surface layer off then hot water, washing up liquid, scrubbing brush and a lot of elbow grease before with mixed results. Gear oil from my daughter's Suzuki Jimmy's front axle is very "challenging".

If all else fails you may be able to lift the stained blocks and relay them upside down.

I assume most of the oil has soaked into the brick by now so you won’t be able to use an absorbing product to lift it. 

Use a degreaser, scrub and rinse to lift the surface oil away but it will keep coming back from deeper within the brick. 

Nothing stoping you from lifting the bricks out and replacing them. Some bricks can be just turned over. 

Thanks for all the advice everyone had given, just as a recap it was soaked in so the spill guard wouldn't have worked but it's very handy if you have it on hand for immediate spills

What I used was swarfega drive cleaner for block paving, I followed the instructions and diluted it but it didn't do anything, however all the reviews I'd read said use it neat so I reaplied without dilution, It worked it did take a few applications but every application removed more and more, totally clean drive with no damage and can't even tell where it was 

If you get a spill or have any I'd highly recommend it 

Thanks again for the suggestions 

• Haha 1