Kodiaq recall - blocked handover

Apologies, I wasn't aware why you said what you did in the way that you said it, but now I'm aware of why you said what you did in the way you said it, I concur. 

Just as an FYI ... mentioned the fact to Skoda CS that SEAT now fitting host ... is it a cross platform model.

they had no knowledge of this, but will investigate and respond.

2 minutes ago, Sargan said:

Just as an FYI ... mentioned the fact to Skoda CS that SEAT now fitting host ... is it a cross platform model.

they had no knowledge of this, but will investigate and respond.

Seems from the email exchange above that the connectivity box SEAT are fitting is the same that we have... Wireless charging but no signal booster.

On 21/03/2019 at 21:34, TumnusCat said:

Seems from the email exchange above that the connectivity box SEAT are fitting is the same that we have... Wireless charging but no signal booster.

Does the Kodiaq have the wireless charger but no signal booster? I thought this came together and the Kodiaq has neither.

Regarding the does it work question. As others have suggested yes I think the booster does make a difference but it's an opinion rather than.scientific test. We have a house in Cornwall a long way from a mast. Outside the box we hardly get a signal when car sat on drive. When I put the phone inside the box signal is fine.

i have also had my Kodiaq serviced. I specifically asked about the phone box issue. The service agent knew nothing about it  and the service manager confirmed they have no instructions to do anything. The car came back and booster still looks like it's working- I did my informal test again the next time I visited the Cottage in the middle of nowhere

• 2 weeks later...

OK ..... SKODA are stating CLEARLY in writing that the signal booster is NOT being fitted to any SEAT, and it is just a misprint.

Here is section from the mail received today form SKODA Customer Services :

" Further to my email dated 27 March 2019, I sincerely apologise for the delay in my response.

I have now liaised with our Brand Support team and can confirm that ŠKODA UK will not be replacing the phone box signal booster.

I do fully accept that you will remain disappointed with this outcome, however this is not something I can change.  Having liaised with colleagues on our SEAT team, I can confirm that their vehicles also do not have the phone box signal booster and this was a misprint within their promotional material.

"