Kodiaq recall - blocked handover

“Retailers are to stop delivery of all new and used vehicles containing wireless charging phone boxes to customers with immediate effect.

The phone box option normally includes a component which amplifies mobile phone signals. Regrettably, due to technical and regulatory constraints, we are unable to provide this function at this moment in time”. 

29 minutes ago, Almal said:

“Retailers are to stop delivery of all new and used vehicles containing wireless charging phone boxes to customers with immediate effect.

The phone box option normally includes a component which amplifies mobile phone signals. Regrettably, due to technical and regulatory constraints, we are unable to provide this function at this moment in time”. 

Have we regressed by about a week? We know the cause and fix now....

Sorry I didn’t know I’d upset someone by posting some actual words on here that were quoted by Skoda just to furthermore clarify the issue.

Only partial resolution .... they have removed the booster amplifier .... so they have yet to advise whether they are going to replace this, or declare a permanent removal of the feature & functionality.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bit O/T but the adblu thing: it's to optionally spec a larger tank that standard (12L vs 24l from memory when looking at the configurator).

My SEAT Alhambra 2.0TDI SCR DSG has a 17 litre ad-blue tank and that is giving a 7,500-8,000 mile range.

(the 63 litre diesel fuel tank & brimming gives 630-730 mile range.)

Not seen any VW Group cars with the size of the ad-blue tank as an option.

2 hours ago, lowedb said:

It's a bit O/T but the adblu thing: it's to optionally spec a larger tank that standard (12L vs 24l from memory when looking at the configurator).

Is this a question or a statement?

1 minute ago, silver1011 said:

Is this a question or a statement?

A statement. I thought I'd quoted the OP who questioned why he'd seen an Adblu tank on the options list, and now had a car with a tank when it wasn't specified. I was explaining that the option is simply for a bigger tank. But I was trying to keep it short, being O/T and all that.

• Like 1

I've just had a quick play on the Kodiaq configurator and tried specifying all four diesel engine combinations in an effort to find the option to spec a larger AdBlue tank, couldn't see anything though...

Capture.JPG.f30fa234ea5473a59cea53f7761dcb26.JPG

17 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I've just had a quick play on the Kodiaq configurator and tried specifying all four diesel engine combinations in an effort to find the option to spec a larger AdBlue tank, couldn't see anything though...

Capture.JPG.f30fa234ea5473a59cea53f7761dcb26.JPG

Err, you are quite right. And I'll admit I'm confused as I'm convinced I saw it somewhere. Give me a moment.....

Edit:

Apologies.  It's the Audi Q5 that I considered for a very short time when it looked like Kodiaq was a similar price for the spec which it for sure isn't, that has the 12l tank with optional 24 litre tank. Sorry all!

Edited by lowedb
  • Like 1

There is every chance it used to be there.

Recently there was talk of the AdBlue feature being optional on some diesel Skoda models in the past, until that option was removed and it became compulsory.

Due to pick up my Kodiaq on Wednesday. My dealer has yet to inform me of any issues with wireless charging or the signal booster. Seems a bit weird given we paid for it as a factory option.

Are there any physical differences to help identify cars with the wireless phone box as opposed to just a storage box? Or is it just a case of pop a phone in and see if it starts charging?

1 hour ago, MrTrilby said:

Due to pick up my Kodiaq on Wednesday. My dealer has yet to inform me of any issues with wireless charging or the signal booster. Seems a bit weird given we paid for it as a factory option.

Are there any physical differences to help identify cars with the wireless phone box as opposed to just a storage box? Or is it just a case of pop a phone in and see if it starts charging?

All that happens is the dealer removes a signal amplifier if it was fitted, but it’s probably not been installed in your car build.

On 4/23/2018 at 22:29, Sargan said:

it also had Adblue tank added ... I did not select this as an option, so maybe this is now mandatory to meet emissions. (Maybe after fiddling the figures saga at VW)

If its Diesel, yes it will have AdBlue now (my Superb 150TDI wasn't supposed to have AdBlue but came with it also)

• 3 months later...

My car is now 5 months old ..... not a single note from Skoda ... and dealer advise 'no knowledge'

I wrote formally to them 3 weeks ago, asking for a plan for its replacement or what financial compensation is being offered for removing an item advertised as being part of my car deal.

They have acknowledged - confirm they have contacted Skoda, and I await update.

• Thanks 1

update -

I have logged a ticket with SKODA customer care, and is with Case Management team with a logged reference:

"I ordered a new Kodiaq Edition Its handover was blocked as you put in a STOP on any cars being delivered with the mobile phone booster.

I was then handed car with amplifier removed 'as a temporary measure' a replacement/exchange to follow. It’s now FIVE MONTHS.

My dealer has no clue om next steps ...I require confirmation from you of the plan to replace this unit or provide equivalent functionality. Or what is your offer for financial compensation for delivering the car not as advertised or ordered.”

I'll let you know the response.