Footwell lights

scoobz

What is involved in retro fitting footwell lights in a pre FL yeti?

Are the required ends of the wiring loom in place? Just needing lights and connectors plus coding?

Or a bit more effort?!

Nothing is in place so you would need to fit the whole kit (loom, lights etc)

not sure about on the pre F/L but on the F/L you would also need to tap into the interior light loom for the power feed as there is not a footwell light option in the BCM/CECM.

I have the whole kit fitted but I was only happy to wire them directly (this would also enable them to be lit and dimmed whilst driving).

I may remove my kit as the car is now up for sale, or leave it in place if it goes to a Briskoda member so he can wire them up if so required.

4 hours ago, Offski said:

scoobz, did you use an Auto Electrician to fit your Towbar Wiring,

and would they not be a good help when it comes to fitting your steering wheel and footwell lighting?

The towbar was fitted by previous owner using a universal bypass kit. Hence the need to have a dedicated wiring kit fitted.

4 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

Since footwell lights have never been fitted as standard to a Yeti I very much doubt that the wiring is in the loom.
Personally never could see the point of them.

I had them in my volvo. 

They are very good when you have a 94 year old mother in law and a 70 year old mother getting in and out of the vehicle.

Edited by scoobz