A few months ago, I THOUGHT my keyfob battery was on its way out so I took along my spare key just in case.  I didn't think of the implications of having 2 keys in the car at the same time!

Since then, there's been mayhem:

• When I get out of the car, the doors automatically lock, unlock, lock, unlock at random...  I cannot properly lock the car and have the mirrors retract until this little pantomime is finished and I start again by unlocking from scratch.
  • The MFD sometimes says "key not found", even though it's in my trouser pocket.
  • From outside the car, the door remains closed, even though I have the key right by the door.

I've rechanged the batteries in BOTH keys and have done the all-windows-down;all-windows-up reset trick.  I only ever take ONE key. NOTHING works.

Any thoughts, chaps?