Dealer & Skoda Come Good :-)

Hi Guys,

I was one of the unfortunate guys who had delivery of there new cars blocked on Friday.

Well I am conscious I need to start sharing some good news as the last three days I've been a bit negative about the experience and the lack of information and communication I was getting.

First thing this morning the dealer came good. They were obviously feeling really bad about only giving me 1 hours 7 minutes notice on Friday I could not collect my car. In fact I had already sorted insurance and was on my way. This morning the head of the dealership  rang me, apologised profusely, explained they had been put in a difficult position by Skoda. But accepted there should of been more contact, even a quick e mail or phone call to say I had not been forgotten.

He confirmed I would not have to pay anything for the PT3 option I specified, confirmed what fix was and timescales and said they would be making a good will gesture to cover the inconvenience, wasted day off work etc.

I was feeling much happier. Then .................................................................................................... the alarm went off and I woke up.

Yes you guessed it nothing, not a squeek. I am sure they are all busy selling cars but please at least pretend to make me feel valued and cared about.

I said to someone else I had more effective communication from Amazon about the late delivery of a £30 tooth brush, than I have over this problem with a £38k list price car :sadsmile:

Edited by Parked
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, xman said:

I would be more worried about what you were dreaming. Absurd fantasies like that are very Freudian and disturbing. You should seek psychiatric help....:bearhug:

I am new to Skoda so your comment worries me Xman.

Please dont tell me a dream that the dealer actually cared is an "Absurd fantasy"

• Haha 1

@Parked you nearly had me there!  I naively thought your dealer really had come good for a minute or so......

Are you not knocking down their door / calling them every hour to ask WTF is going on and when you will get your car and what will be in it etc etc. Fook, I would be. I’d be giving them serious grief....

(politely of course as getting angry doesn’t resolve anything quickly, apparently!) 

I feel your pain. My new vRS in 2010 with leather seats had a seat squab (rear offside seat) in cloth while the rest was leather. Weird. But I politely kicked up a real fuss and it was resolved in less than a week. 

Good luck with getting your car sorted ASAP. 

Thanks Dunc69 your support is welcome.

My plan was not to ring at all today to see when they called, and no communication at all since Friday, as I said busy selling cars.

I spoke to various people at Skoda UK today, there is an option to raise a complaint against the dealer, I rang the dealer a few times Friday and will ring them tomorrow. I am planning to ring just as they were about to ring me, bet I manage it :biggrin:

Since Friday its been horrible. But to be honest communication since paying deposit has been awful. Anyway I would just like my car with relevant reduction and would love to contribute to this forum in a more positive way. 

I was just thinking as writing this if anyone in this situation had less notice than me. I was due to pick up my car at 11:00am Friday and received the call about the block at 9:53am. I was already driving to dealership, do I win?

The very least they could do is to offer you a roughly equivalent courtesy car to use until yours becomes available. They may need this suggesting. Beware however that courtesy cars come with a hefty excess usually £500, sometimes £1000!!! In that case you may want to consider appropriate excess insurance 

https://www.moneymaxim.co.uk/garage-loan-car-excess-insurance

Free servicing, fuel etc is also something to suggest.

In fairness they did offer loan car on day one.

But it would have meant driving for over two hours (there and back) to use temporarily a car I did not want.

I still have my perfectly serviceable car which was going as part of the deal. I'm pleased about that because it gives me flexibility, As nice as my new car is likely to be I do not want it until I get things clarified I asked about on Friday. If I dont there will be a high specification Sportline available for immediate delivery.

Anyway as they were too busy to make contact in anyway Saturday, Sunday or Monday I saved them the trouble and called this morning. I was so pleased the salesman did not say "I was just about to call you". Anyway the sales guy explained he wanted to call me with all the answers, he had none. I have said in future I would like a regular call even if it was to say he knows nothing.

He has agreed to ring me every 3 months if he remembers with regular updates.

Does anyone know if Skoda/VAG have announced anything official yet about this issue?

The approach with an issue like this is to have the discussion in the showroom where potential buyers can hear and see that you are not happy with their service - you will get a far better response from them as they don't want to lose any other sales.

Do it when they are busy and don't let them take you into an office.

Phone calls don't put them under the same sort of pressure.