Mk3 Octavia vRS 184bhp 2.0 TDi Upgrade advice?

Hi, 

I've recently bought the 2014 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0 TDi. Currently giving out 184bhp and about 280 lb-ft approx. It has 3 different map mode selections which I would like to gain more power out of a remap in sport, as I believe this is possible? I'm wondering what modification parts are recommended to go ahead with maybe a stage 2 remap?

Including trusted tuning garages and approx price range?

Thanks.

Ben.

20180430_000556.jpg

Edited by 000Ben1991
  • Like 1

Im confused are you running a tuning box? where are you getting the 3 map selections? 184 is stock BHP if you have a box you should be around 220 to 236BHP max 

If you mean driving mode then all your getting is a few tweaks to throttle response and steering etc. theres no extra power. 

revo and shark would be the maps of choice for most of the petrols, a DTUK CRDT3+ tuning box is a good choice for diesels will give you a choice of 3 maps and 7 setting on each map. im running the same box for 8 months now with no issues and love it along with the pedal box it has transformed the car.

Edited by JohnnyType2

Hey Johnny, thanks for the tips! Yeah it's got mode selections..

So how much is a DTUK CRDT3+ tuning box mod? Is there any other upgrades along side that you've done? I.e - Flywheel/clutch? I had a problem previously with a Dual mass flywheel on a Audi a3 s-line, Just through wear and rare at a low mileage. More power must need compensated parts to handle the change?

Regards, 

Ben.

by chance mine is forsale £100 cheaper with a new loom, im trading up.

there are not a lot of tuning mods you can do on a diesel, that have an effect other than a tuning box or remap, 240ps and 500nm torque are enough for me at the minute as i do 600 miles a week i need to keep economy as well.

A fox exhaust twin outlet is on my list but mods I've made other than the cosmetic are a 034 dogbone insert, MTEC discs and pads upgrade, H&R lowering springs and spacers.

Edited by JohnnyType2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 20:31, JohnnyType2 said:

A fox exhaust twin outlet is on my list but mods I've made other than the cosmetic are a 034 dogbone insert, MTEC discs and pads upgrade, H&R lowering springs and spacers.

Does the 034 dogbone insert create much vibration? I do similar mileage to yourself so I assume its ok with spending that much time in the car?!

Just now, JohnnyType2 said:

no not a lot, not that its noticeable. I did feel slight vibration low down in the gears when accelerating but none at idle or while cruising.  it seems to settle down after a period of time or i just dont notice it anymore.

Can you remember which one you bought?

034-509-1022

034-509-1025

1 hour ago, Phillips said:

Can you remember which one you bought?

034-509-1022

034-509-1025

its dependant on the dogbone puck you have, there are two different types for 5E models you need to get under and have a look.

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1

Just now, JohnnyType2 said:

its dependant on the mount you have, there are two different types for 5E models you need to get under and have a look.

Cheers! Realized just after i made my last post :D

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 01/05/2018 at 22:31, JohnnyType2 said:

by chance mine is forsale £100 cheaper with a new loom, im trading up.

there are not a lot of tuning mods you can do on a diesel, that have an effect other than a tuning box or remap, 240ps and 500nm torque are enough for me at the minute as i do 600 miles a week i need to keep economy as well.

Old thread, but anyways, will you get the full exhaust system or just the outlet silencer part?

What are the benefits of this?

Did you need to get any work/ mapping done for the dsg (if thats what u got) to give u 500Nm? 

One chiptuning firm told me that the dsg will be limited to the standard 380Nm torque unless I remap It separately.

Seems weird It would be this way since every remap promises imrpoved torque, no mention about a dsg-remap.

im manual not DSG and a more free flowing exhaust is always going to give more power. Its for aesthetics as well as the diesel has a fake tail pipe on the right side. the figures are official dyno'd figures from a stock 184 with the box added

Edited by JohnnyType2

• 1 year later...

@JohnnyT

I like the look of your roofline protector but can't find it on their site. I'm looking at a yeti that has damage above the screen which I think happened during a screen replacement and this sort of thing might cover it on this one or prevent it on another one if it was stone damage. Would it need removing if the screen needs to be replaced, and do you think it would be re-useable afterwards? Might you have a part number please?

Thanks.

(I know this is an old post, but if you don't ask...)