Octavia 3 FL (MY2018) mods

Thank you. To bad cannot copy paste to translate.

Anyway seems to be the correct config for non-VSR cornering fogs.

Hmm.. wander how can I test to see them light up.

19 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Thats the one. 

In this documentation, for cornering fog lights I found something about:

Statisches kurvenlicht
     Maximaltemperatur - 100
     Obere grenztemperatur - 95 
     Untere grenztemperatur - 80

Where can I find these options, maybe I should check these as well.

Spend all last night trying to figure it out, without success. Please help. It's getting frustrating :) 

Just now, ccosmin said:

In this documentation, for cornering fog lights I found something about:

Statisches kurvenlicht
     Maximaltemperatur - 100
     Obere grenztemperatur - 95 
     Untere grenztemperatur - 80

Where can I find these options, maybe I should check these as well.

Spend all last night trying to figure it out, without success. Please help. It's getting frustrating :) 

I’m at work just now so will try and check tonight. But yes, I remember having to change those values. 

• Thanks 1

SC03OTT did you have any time to check?

I found on other german forums that I need to check the below list, but I don't know where to find these parameters:

(1)-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt both sides
(2)-static AFS light-Vorschrift ECE R119
(3)-static AFS light-Lower speed threshold 0.00 km/h
(4)-static AFS light-Upper speed threshold 40.00 km/h
(5)-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle 0.25 °
(6)-static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel 80 °
(7)-static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel 120 °
(8)-static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit 50.00 %/s
(9)-static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur 100.00 °C
(10)-static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur 95.00 °C
(11)-static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur 80.00 °C

Managed to find the temperature setting in the end. They were in the “Static AFS light” adaption. Hard to find the little ******.

After setting the temperature as the manual stated the cornering worked.

Tomorrow the light bulb is arriving for the rear fog light, curios to see if it has one or not. Don’t want to disassemble the fog light until I have the bulb :)

On 5/4/2018 at 19:31, ccosmin said:

Hi,

Just received my OBDEeven dongle and tried a fiew mods on the car.

What I managed to enable was:

Gauge needle sweep at startup
Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count - 5 FLASHES
Disable auto start/stop system (method A) -  (12.0V LIMIT) from (7.6V LIMIT)
Disabled Headlight Washer 
Heated seats memory
Lap Timer
Air recirculation memory
ESC- ASR off/ESC sport
Refuel quantity in dashboard
Fan Speed in Auto AirCon

I also want to enable the 3 below, but I did not found anyware 100% information what this will work on O3FL.
Left cornering light (using fog light)
Right cornering light (using fog light)
Enable second rear fog light

Did anyone tried to perform these adaptations?  I don't want to be a beta tester on the car :)
Also is there anything else that is worth enabling in O3FL and we know it works?

Thanks.

Wow what is this mod? able to share more?

- Air recirculation memory

If you enable manual fan blower on the AC, and set the air recirculation, next time you start the car it memorized the recirculation option. Usually this resets on each start. 

I usually keep this on when driving  in the city.... polution ...less smells from outside...

Edited by ccosmin

Actually been testing this for a few days now (Air recirculation memory), and does not work as I would want.

If I stop the ignition, and start it back in several minutes.. maybe up to 1h.. it keeps the setting.

Overnight.. it does not.

I think is similar to the trip computer ... the one from start.

I set to last night and managed to get the lock/unlock chirp sound activated. I tried to set the drl indicator adaptation set too but when I have reset the lights on the infotainment this morning the DRLs and indicator don't alternate, the drl turns off when the indicator. :dull: unless I am missing something?

I changed the headlight washer as I had on my 2015 model, but I'm not certain if it has taken yet.

Does anyone know if I can get the road speed sign to display in the maxidot with my Amundsen system, so far I can only see that it works with the Columbus unit? If it can be done I'd love to know how :thumbup:

I set to last night and managed to get the lock/unlock chirp sound activated. I tried to set the drl indicator adaptation set too but when I have reset the lights on the infotainment this morning the DRLs and indicator don't alternate, the drl turns off when the indicator. :dull: unless I am missing something?

I changed the headlight washer as I had on my 2015 model, but I'm not certain if it has taken yet.

Does anyone know if I can get the road speed sign to display in the maxidot with my Amundsen system, so far I can only see that it works with the Columbus unit? If it can be done I'd love to know how :thumbup:

2 hours ago, ccosmin said:

If you have lane assist, with the big camera on the mirror, it will work. You will need to follow the instructions from tried and tested thread.

Unfortunately I don't have the big camera, or lane assist. I seem to recall seeing a post somewhere on here saying that it took the speed data from the GPS and the sat nav? Rather than from the camera recognition of the actual road signs, I might have read it wrong, mores the pity, it would have been a nice to have adaptation.

11 hours ago, ccosmin said:

Actually been testing this for a few days now (Air recirculation memory), and does not work as I would want.

If I stop the ignition, and start it back in several minutes.. maybe up to 1h.. it keeps the setting.

Overnight.. it does not.

I think is similar to the trip computer ... the one from start.

Any code to try? I have to press the button every time I turn off and on the Aircon/start the car ending.

On a different note... I bought LED fog light and when I installed them, got the error to check th bulb. Changed th coding for LED fog light as in tried and tested  the error cleared but the light was still off for the fog light. I only installed it for the left side. Could his be a reason? Anyone has any idea?

Hahahahaha issue solved. The power connector of the LED was reversed :))) 

Coding was fine, now I can say truly full LED front light :D

Edited by ccosmin

Continuing the story:

The rear fog light bulb arrived today, disassembled the tail light and surprise... no bulb... and no socket for the bulb. 

I saw a mainboard there, probably for led, but could not confirm if there is a led there or not.

doing the adaption coding results in error check rear right fog light. 

Anyone has any ideas? Does the FL has the led present?

what would be the correct adaption?

Thanks.

My SE L 1.5TSi has full LED rear lights and the LED is there for the rear fog I know as I have it coded to work. Air circulation seems to be retained for a while but not overnight - that's how mine works out of the box.

This is my coding for both rear fogs:-

ENG116962-ENG116371-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Dimmwert AB 26 - from '0' to '127'

ENG116962-ENG116366-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lasttyp 26 - from 'not active' to '32 - allgemeine LED bis 12W '

ENG116962-ENG116369-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26 - from 'not active' to 'Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt '

Thank you for your answer. 

I have the same full LED rear light! 

When I do the settings you mentioned on both fog lights (actually left one already has it) I’m getting check rear fog light error. 

I’m out of ideas.  

If I recall correctly not all Octavias have both rear fogs fitted. UK spec. cars do because, I suspect, the extra light is fitted to UK spec cars because they are the minority ordered. If you think about it why would you fit a fog light to thousands of cars that is never going to be used?

A UK spec. Octavia is basically a Euro spec. car with tweaks for UK regulations and right hand drive.

Edited by YMe