DTUK pedal box

Does anyone use one these on their superb?

I had one in my Octavia Vrs for the 3yrs I had it.  I transplanted it over to the superb and I was wondering what settings others who have a box fitted may be using.  I'm particularly interested in those with the 220 dsg engine. 

In my TDI Octavia the box got rid of the lag on the throttle. However I've found it to be very sensitive on the superb and it makes the dsg box drop down a gear with the slightest input. Im slowly turning it down a bit at a time to find the sweet spot. 

Mine is the DTUK Plus box set to the amber light with 1 + red light (the ones in between the plus and minus buttons) . On my 220 DSG it works fine in that setting even in set in lethargic comfort mode - instant throttle response.

Capture.JPG.2443bcdbbb5ce023ed19849535d883c1.JPG

Edited by TerryMcK
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2018 at 22:32, flyingpigvrs said:

Does anyone use one these on their superb?

I had one in my Octavia Vrs for the 3yrs I had it.  I transplanted it over to the superb and I was wondering what settings others who have a box fitted may be using.  I'm particularly interested in those with the 220 dsg engine. 

In my TDI Octavia the box got rid of the lag on the throttle. However I've found it to be very sensitive on the superb and it makes the dsg box drop down a gear with the slightest input. Im slowly turning it down a bit at a time to find the sweet spot. 

So the box for your 184ps TDI seems to be working with the 220 ps TSI ?  Was your Octavia a DSG too? 

Edited by penguin17

Just now, penguin17 said:

So the box for your 184ps TDI seems to be working with the 220 ps TDI ?  Was your Octavia a DSG too? 

It does. 

I emailed DTUK to ask if it needed to go back to be reprogrammed but they said it will swap straight over.

Fitted it the other day and it works, no issues. 

Yes the Octavia was DSG. 

Just now, flyingpigvrs said:

It does. 

I emailed DTUK to ask if it needed to go back to be reprogrammed but they said it will swap straight over.

Fitted it the other day and it works, no issues. 

Yes the Octavia was DSG. 

Thanks;  in contrast Race Chip told me their XLR box isn't transferable from the 150TDI to the 280 TSI, though the TDI is a manual but I can't see how that would make a difference as it's only monitoring and spoofing pedal angle sensor readings.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought penguin17's XLR pedal box off him, it is amazing what a difference it makes, the car actually feels like its gained a shed load more power, combined with a tuning box this will be awesome! Talking of which, has anyone come across the select a map tuning box from CRD tuning, looks an interesting read on their website, they actually state that it is not a requirement to increase boost pressure with a diesel, just to add fuel, their box appears to be a multi map 'custom tune' box rather than an add on that manipulates the signals back to the ECU and from reading the website it looks like you can customise the map yourself....makes an interesting read.

http://www.crdtechnology.com/select-a-map-diesel-control-ecu/

• Like 1