Problem with Car phone Bluetooth connection

Hi there

i have noticed of late a message appearing on maxidot saying no phone connected and then searching for xxxxxx iPhone ,this has only started lately and constantly occurs during a journey of any length.any advice please would be great,do I change phone or car settings ??

I don't think there is an easy way to downgrade an iPhone (at least, not officially), you're forced to live with the upgrade ... and since the Bluetooth module has its own limits regarding the compatibility and the age of the OSes, I'd say that would be your prime suspect ... you could check this theory by finding someone with an iPhone of the working OS version (before the upgrade) and check if it will pair with the car

• Like 1

When you get an update to a phones Bluetooth system it is worth unpairing and re pairing to the car.

Usually corrects this kind of behaviour, certainly true of windows and android but of course crapple like to change standards to try and corner the market so I cant guarantee this will help you. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:12, Shero1969 said:

Hi there

i have noticed of late a message appearing on maxidot saying no phone connected and then searching for xxxxxx iPhone ,this has only started lately and constantly occurs during a journey of any length.any advice please would be great,do I change phone or car settings ??

As already pointed out, it's possible the OS upgrade on your phone has messed with the bluetooth settings on it so deleting it from the car and re-pairing is a good start.

Check which protocol the car is using to connect to the phone: in most cases you want to use the Handsfree Protocol option rather than rSAP (Skoda call it Premium Mode for some reason). Some phones don't play well with rSAP, and it's the less useful of the two options anyway unless you live in your car and/or frequent areas with bad reception.

If all that doesn't work, get someone to do a diagnostic scan on the bluetooth module in the car, just in case it has failed/is failing.