Amundsen - blue bar appearing across screen

Hi.

has anyone else experienced this? Screen almost always on SatNav, never had an issue however when I started car today a 1cm gradated blue bar appeared across the top of the screen. Despite the system being toggled on/off several times, bar never disappeared.

Decided to call in to Skoda dealership for advice, needless to say 300yds from garage the blue bar vanished. About half an hour later, it appreared again for about 1min then vanished again.

Any idea what this could be?

PS - meant to say this only happens on SatNav - selecting RADIO / PHONE etc, the full screen displays as normal.

IMG_20180509_130918771[1].jpg

Edited by Guest

Just my luck - I post in the ICE Technical section hoping for some solution and I end up with the Chuckle Brothers.

2 hours ago, Scot5 said:

Just my luck - I post in the ICE Technical section hoping for some solution and I end up with the Chuckle Brothers.

You asked what the blue bar was, I told you it was the horizon. This is normal behaviour and is shown on many Skoda sat navs.

Ferninand01 suggested you try a 2D view as it may not show the horizon.

I'm not sure what more you expected? As far as I can see, we answered your question and proposed a solution. Have you tried it? Did it work?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, silverden said:

I just updated the sat nav maps on my Amundsen from 2017 to 2018 maps and I now have the blue bar across the top also.  It wasn't there before the update :sadsmile:

Has the map view defaulted/changed to 3D?

Ok then, just checked and it does default to 3D mode and shows the blue band but if I squeeze the screen out ie. zoom in, the blue band disappears.  It doesn't show the blue ban in 2D mode.  So I guess it is as it should be.