£5,000 off a Kodiaq from Central Stock

Sounds a decent discount for anyone willing to take an unregistered car in Skoda UK's central stock pile before the end of May.

2x free services too.

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/5000-kodiaq/

Simpsons must have a number to hit this month!

Capture.thumb.JPG.de9c55b6e32e5c78ac7e53dd089987e8.JPG

Not sure it is that good Silver?  I had £6500 mine off mine PLUS the £1000 fuel card and two services.  (Factory order too, so built to spec)

Obviously no need to wait 10 weeks this way though.

M.

I assumed that this was in addition to the regular discounts that can be negotiated individually off list?

Sounds like this is a dealer contribution, but I wonder if they've already baked-in this quarters £1,000 test drive contribution from Skoda UK.

Given that they've mentioned the two free services I suspect they have, making this only a £4,000 discount.

I think you only get the free services if you are taking PCP, which also comes with a £2000 deposit contribution, so with the £1000 test drive offer the dealer contribution is only £2000. Makes a good headline though!

Just had a DM Keith mail shot in the door.

Ex-demo Kodiak Edition, was a crazy £39,355  now £33,990 so £5,365 saving and still they would be happy as Larry.

They love when they get the profit from these Ex-Demonstrators courtesy of the lovely people at HMRC.

^^^ No idea, just looking at the list of ex-demos.  this was FY18 HXL   Top whack silly RRP's.

A new Kodiaq Edition 7 seat 4x4 DSG shows at £32,631.79 OTR.  2 services included.

£399 a month.

£2,000 Customer Contribution.

10,000 miles a year.

47 months payments.

6.3%      blah blah...

1 hour ago, Offski said:

Just had a DM Keith mail shot in the door.

Ex-demo Kodiak Edition, was a crazy £39,355  now £33,990 so £5,365 saving and still they would be happy as Larry.

They love when they get the profit from these Ex-Demonstrators courtesy of the lovely people at HMRC.

That’s only the same discount you could get for ordering a new one. Don’t ask me how I know ;-(

Handy if you need a car without the wait though. 

They love telling you how much they lose, but no losses to them.

Dealers Demonstrators, hold the V5, get the benefits / tax benefit.   All about the finance and the turnover.  

Lets just see the true depreciation if someone actually buys the vehicle, 2nd registered keeper then tries to sell for cash money in 2021.

• Like 1

So basically some popular specs have order waiting times of 3-5 months, and there is a heap of distressed stock that no-one has wanted so far, because it was built to a spec that isn’t wanted.  So having a fire sale of these.

The problem for any buyer, is if no one wanted them when new, probably won’t want them in few years time either, which means will get very low resale price / part exchange offers.  Only really saving £1-2k vs other new car deals, but could lose more at resale time.   Bit of a bum deal.

Either that or Skoda UK were able to anticipate the closing of factory orders due to the changes in their petrol engines, summer factory shutdown and the WLTP test procedure delays, and ordered a glut of random models to temporarily satisfy demand.