Hunter Four Wheel Alignment! worth the money?

Thanks for sharing! How much was it to get the alignment done?

I think my rear is off, it's quite noisy at motorway speeds. Need new tyres soon so going to get those replaced and get a hunter alignment done.

The hunter pro machine process is so intricate & fascinating, really is a great piece of kit B) the vRS is looking sweet JohnnyType2 :thumbup:

Prices range from £50-£70 + vat, garage dependent etc.

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 2

Good to see a before and after sheet.

So (forgive the ignorance) I take they bolt on the laser thingymajigs on the wheels, it measures how and where they are in relation to one another and then depending on the results, they tweak bits and bobs on the suspension to get them where they should be?

Hunter 4 wheel is great - sorted problems which caused my tyres to wear out stupidly fast. It is way better  than ATS 4 wheel alignment, which failed to sort the  problem and better than NTS laser alifgnment, and only marginally more expensive

7 hours ago, ahenners said:

Thanks for sharing! How much was it to get the alignment done?

I think my rear is off, it's quite noisy at motorway speeds. Need new tyres soon so going to get those replaced and get a hunter alignment done.

£48 for around 45 mins and you get an interactive web page with your results to your email.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tunedude said:

Good to see a before and after sheet.

So (forgive the ignorance) I take they bolt on the laser thingymajigs on the wheels, it measures how and where they are in relation to one another and then depending on the results, they tweak bits and bobs on the suspension to get them where they should be?

ummmmmmm? yes in a nutshell. the system uses cameras (no lasers) and there are various sensors on the wheel clamp units. there's also a spirit level  device on the steering wheel. My steering wheel was misaligned by a few mm and now its straight as an arrow. 

Edited by JohnnyType2

6 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

£48 for around 45 mins and you get an interactive web page with your results to your email.

That seems like very good value! Thanks.

• Like 1

First had it done on my previous Mk2 FL vRS. It made it a different car. I had it done on the current vRS when I bought it at 6 months old and again last month. Money well spent.

On 5/15/2018 at 22:40, encephalopathy said:

if this is in Carrickfergus i might give it a try

it is. just opposite the tescos. ivan is a petrol head as well and has a liveried up Superb for his business.  

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1