Ipod will not play

Just picked up my 2015 estate and plugged my iPod in the usb but it won't play. I got given a Skoda iPod cable to fit in the media in socket from a mate in work but I do not seem to have this socket just a aux and usb. Is there any other way I can play my iPod. Other that that I'm made up with the car

20180524_203038.jpg

1 minute ago, Smirnoff1977 said:

Good idea, thank you. is there a size limit do you know. 

I have in the back of my mind 128gb, I'm running a 64gb without issue :)

• Like 1

Unless you have a Columbus stereo pre MY16, iPod connection isn’t possible via USB, only via a Mitsumi MDI. Before I changed my stereo I also bought a large SD card and dumped lots of music on that. Be aware the MIB1 Bolero and Amundsen don’t support lossless FLAC files either.

• Like 1

Just now, Smirnoff1977 said:

That's great thank you. I'm sure 64gb will be plenty!

I considered a 128gb one as I have a series 1 80gb iPod that's full.  Went for the 64gb put LOADS of music on it and there's still plenty of space :)

• Like 1

I’m using a 64GB and have have never had an issue. Got plenty of 64s knocking around after selling a camera that used to use them.

64GB is a lot of music. You have to be a bit OCD in your file organisation or you’ll regret it later. I personally use an “[Artist Name] - [Album Name]” folder system. My wife and I each have a primary folder on the card, so that I don’t have to listen to 90s J-Lo.

The USB drive is for the kids, so that we can easily jump to their music. Though I have done more than my fair share of solo journeys listening to Mr Tumble without realising. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Smirnoff1977 said:

That's a good plan setting up different folders. I also have to endure the joys of the CBeebies soundtrack with the kids in the car:crying:

Exactly what I've done......

General stuff - Now Albums, Cold Play, Ed Sheeran etc

Kids Stuff - Frozen, Moana, Disney Songs etc.

Luther, Alex & Phil - No further explanation needed

Russ' Stuff - Drum & Bass, House, Garage and all other forms of EDM (wife said the folder should be called "Russ' ****" :D )

• Haha 1

Will it not play through the aux? If i remember right on the amundsen in the media section you should be able to press source and it brings up options such as bluetooth, aux, USB etc..

1 hour ago, Liambobson said:

Will it not play through the aux? If i remember right on the amundsen in the media section you should be able to press source and it brings up options such as bluetooth, aux, USB etc..

It will, but you’ll have to control it through the iPod, not the cars controls. The SD option gives you full control on the touch screen, just like iPod control.

• Thanks 1

We have almost 64Gb of music, the best feature for us is the random shuffle.

You can drive for weeks before hearing the same track again.

Also I am convinced there is some sort of hidden algorithm, which tends to bunch music together into a mystical themed playlist.

Then on other days the tracks played are all over the place.

4 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

It will, but you’ll have to control it through the iPod, not the cars controls. The SD option gives you full control on the touch screen, just like iPod control.

I have an Amundsen MIB2. With an iPod Touch connected to the USB port you can control music selection through the Amundsen touch screen. It's not quite as intuitive as the iPod itself but you can browse everything - playlists, albums, artists etc. using the screen. It works the same through bluetooth as well.

Is this a difference between MIB1 and MIB2 Amundsen versions ?

The only issue I have is the sometimes the Amundsen doesn't see the iPod at all when you first connect it. Once it works it continues to work perfectly until next time you remove and reconnect - then it sometimes doesn't work unless you fiddle around (restart the iPod, reseat the cable etc.). Then it works perfect;y again.

10 minutes ago, BOD20 said:

I have an Amundsen MIB2. With an iPod Touch connected to the USB port you can control music selection through the Amundsen touch screen. It's not quite as intuitive as the iPod itself but you can browse everything - playlists, albums, artists etc. using the screen. It works the same through bluetooth as well.

Is this a difference between MIB1 and MIB2 Amundsen versions ?

The only issue I have is the sometimes the Amundsen doesn't see the iPod at all when you first connect it. Once it works it continues to work perfectly until next time you remove and reconnect - then it sometimes doesn't work unless you fiddle around (restart the iPod, reseat the cable etc.). Then it works perfect;y again.

That is the problem with mine it just won't recognise my iPod classic. I might play around with it and see if it will eventually 

Yes, the MIB2 radios can read the iPod as the USB plus and radio software is different. The only MIB1 unit that can read an iPod is a Columbus. It really won’t work on a MIB1 Amundsen no matter how hard you try I’m afraid.

Possibly worth being aware of the fun and games I had with iTunes in case you're using Mac, rather than PC:

Gaz