Window trim part

Hi guys, wondered if I could ask. On bothe rear doors of my 2008 Roomster, the trim, I think plastic coated over metal which is at the joint on the lower edge of the glass to door, the bit that scrapes the water off the glass when it goes up and down, has corroded on its leading edge, it’s now pushing out at the front on both sides because of the rust underneath. Doe anyone know what the part number is for this, and does it just pull off ?

thanks

paul

• 3 months later...

This question made me look at my rear door bottom window seals and Yes, I had a little bit of rust bubbling too, on both sides.

So now I can confirm that the part numbers are :

Left Rear    5J7 839 477A

Right Rear  5J7 839 478A

I got them from skoda-parts.com for €44 including delivery (£40.05)

They do indeed simply pull off and push on. Position the new seal in at both ends and pull down with a fingers hanging on a ledge position. The ledge being the new seal. I run a plastic thin wedge finally along the rubber bottom to get a perfect straight sit.

I had no rust on my left door itself but a few centre pinpricks on the right hand side. Nowhere near the trim bubble position, that was on the end. I took the opportunity to rub those down, apply rust solution and brush paint. It was all hidden under the trim, so no need for a spray finish but I wanted to stop the rust just incase it would spread in future and be visible outside of the replaced trim piece.

IMG_20180901_165306.jpg

IMG_20180901_165357.jpg

IMG_20180901_165436.jpg

IMG_20180901_165507.jpg

IMG_20180901_165549.jpg