Any VAG DPF App IT experts on the here?

Valleyboy44

Hi, 

Can any kind soul help, i have a connection issue with the OBD2 bluetooth connecter... I bought this one as advised on here.. 

Bluetooth connecter

I connect it to the car,  2 lights flash red and stay on (the first two to the left if looking at pic) , another light flashes blue but goes out straightaway, so another 4th flashes red and goes out. 

On the app I get this... 

Vag dpf screenshot

On my android phone in Bluetooth settings it is saying its connected to SKODA-BT

I'm normally pretty handy at IT stuff, but hopefully it's me being thick! 

1- As I look at the obd2 connector it seems firmly connected and only has 2 red lights light up. 

2- looking at the vag dpf screenshot it looks like it's not connected? 

Sorry if this has been posted before I did look. 

Thanks for any help. 

I

Edited by Valleyboy44

Can anyone confirm if when connected what lights they have one? Surely the same blue 'bluetooth' light flashes etc.. Likemost other bluetooth stuff in the house. 

Knowing my luck it's a dodgy unit, going to try it in the wife's golf later. 

On my device -a carista opd2 connector an orange light is continuous when nothing connected. When connected a blue light flashes intermittently (not regularly. If I remember rightly I had to locate and confirm the Bluetooth device in the settings on my phone before anything connected 

Cheers... That's the thing, it's connected to skoda BT which is wrong, the device isn't showing up on the phones Bluetooth so not technically connected... Unless I'm barking up wrong tree. Lol

Sounds like it's connected to the cars bluetooth rather than the OBD adaptor.

Looking at the image of the OBD adaptor you've posted, it's a WiFi version rather then a bluetooth one. Is there a WiFi network you can connect to?

Cheers for the reply... 

Just tried it in the wife's golf... It picked it up, and well a string of numbers but it failed to connect. (but that could have been soemones else's phone maybe?) 

OMG... I feel stupid nowhere does it say Bluetooth on the device doh! 

Ummmm... I guess fire up the laptop if I can find it and try and connect that way. 

I might just try this though...

Another obd2 but bluetooth

Edited by Valleyboy44

The VAG DPF app should be able to use a WiFi adaptor, you just need to connect your phone to the WiFi network the adaptor is broadcasting :)

See what networks are there, then plug the adaptor in and connect to the new one?

Hi, I have the carista one which works fine on VAG DPF, you can also use it with their own app and for a small fee you can do quite a few things with the app like read error codes, change some settings,

Thanks for everyone's help

I purchased a BLUETOOTH obd2 adapter.... 

It all worked fine... 2 screenshots below (second is the wife's golf with same engine) 

Yeti

Golf

It looks like both have done a regen recently which is good to see and both percentages are below 50%.

Great piece of mind. 

Thanks again 

3 minutes ago, Valleyboy44 said:

It all worked fine... 2 screenshots below (second is the wife's golf with same engine) 

Yeti

Golf

How many miles on the Yeti and Golf?