Fabia Mk2 - Armrest Install

Chipup

...I expect in about a month, you will be showing us the uninstall as you find it getting in the way all the time! :biggrin:

Just joking but many people have taken them out for this reason. I have not fitted one as not seen one at the right price, despite many being removed and can't justify paying £130 or so for a new one. Nice guide, though.

• 7 months later...
On 02/06/2018 at 13:43, mrgf said:

...I expect in about a month, you will be showing us the uninstall as you find it getting in the way all the time! :biggrin:

Just joking but many people have taken them out for this reason. I have not fitted one as not seen one at the right price, despite many being removed and can't justify paying £130 or so for a new one. Nice guide, though.

:D Nope, still loving it 

15k miles later and wouldn't be without the armrest. Yes, bit of a faf when parking up or starting off, but that's only twice a journey (in theory) 

• Like 1

I did manage to purchase a very reasonably priced one from a seller on eBay last August. Simple to fit and as you said, about 30 mins to fit. Love it and my only regret is that I didn't option it from new and have the pleasure of using it for those nine years! That said, I paid around £33, if I remember rightly and it was in great condition.  The loss of storage in that little bin was made up for and in fact, over compensated for, by the space inside the armrest!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...