Skoda Octavia MK1 VRS Corrida Red

• Administrators
7 hours ago, jules68leo said:

Would you have paid £2k for it or was I robbed? 

Seeing as this car seems to have had so many owners I'm really surprised nobody has yet commented on once owning it....... 

He wanted £2500 originally which I thought was to much for it (that kind of money I would expect it to have no more than 65,000 miles, this is what my black one was on). And to put it in to perspective, I found a Red one, with Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, and Factory Heated Seats with similar milage, full service history with a Miltek non-res system for £1200.

But don't let that put you off the car or you wouldn't of bought it in the first place. Just look after it and fix it up and it'll last!

It has had 6 owners, I'm the 7th maybe I'm not the norm in owning cars for 5 and 6 years plus? Seems to be a nice car maybe it's been troublesome in the past, I'm of the thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it, therefore if there's nothing wrong with your car and it's not costing a lot of money to own and run then just keep it, but I know a lot of people like to change and swap stuff. I'm old school and I just think if you spend the money on something you want you'll keep it rather than compromising and half getting what you really want then you carry on hankering after what you really wanted be it anything..... Works for me hence I kept my gold for nearly 6 and a half years superb car. 

Maybe octavia will be ok too, if its half as good as the golf to own I'll be a happy man. 

My golf had soundproofing under the bonnet the octavia does not maybe its a diesel thing? Don't think the cabin is as quiet as the golf but mine had dynamat in the doors and that really does make a difference. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I’m exactly the same, I have no intention of getting rid of mine. I’m not one to change cars and I always make sure I get what I want. I searched every day, refreshing the page every half hour for nearly two months for the right vRS! 

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

Long time no post but a few things are in the pipeline.

Car being detailed this weekend by my mate, will get some more pics up if I can. Starting to look even better now.

Wheels being refurbished hopefully in the next 2 weeks it was planned to get these done in time for this weekend to get them back on the car afterwards.

Place I'm having them done at in Loughborough is moving premises so they didn't want to book any more work in as ovens were out of action.

New tyres ready to fit 224/25/17 Avon ZV7, going to try and get arches and suspension cleaned up, new mudflaps to fit and repaint of all calipers I have had paint for months s hope it is still ok.

Car will be having a change of identity too I have been in 2 minds about it for a while had the plate for ages but I am just gonna do it,  sod it 

Think eventually I will get front bumper and both mirrors painted as they are all tatty and horrible, after the detail they will let the car down.

Really exited about getting all this done now, mate is trying to talk me in to having H&R or Eibach spring kit fitted , not sure which one though.

Next year seat repair and get hifi fitted........

Work in progress!!!

Love this car though.

Edited by jules68leo
  • Like 1

can recommend the H&R springs with Bilstein B8s as a suspension setup.  The car came with them on when I bought it over the summer and I'm really impressed with how it rides and handles.  The Whiteline RARB also helps and as a package, it's way better than standard.  I owned one of these from new back in 2006 and had it for over six years so got used to how it handled in that time.  I put the same RARB on but it never drove as well as this one does.

Hi everyone,

For anyone interested please see pics cropped so they will upload.

Can't believe how well it has turned out put 20 hours in to it body work only, not engine bay, rims or interior.

Chuffed doesn't even come close amazing transformation pictures do not do it justice but you get the jist!!

Over 138k miles 6 owners and over 15 years old.

My mate Simon is a legend he's done me and himself proud with this one.

IMG-20191020-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0031.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20191020-WA0045.jpg

Edited by jules68leo
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads n lasses,

Just a quick update getting wheels refurbished this week hopefully get them back next week for putting back on the car the weekend after, quite excited!

Cleaned the front wheel arches out took liners out deep clean and spruce up. Will get brakes painted asap when time and weather allows.

Has has wheels off my old Corrado on it BK Racing 299s don't suit it all!!

Ciao for now

20191026_162909.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps n chapasses, 

Thanks for the nice encouraging comments much appreciated. I feel my car is very much a work in progress, yesterday I was sorting out a water leak making the passenger footwell carpet wet, I'd been noticing for the last month my car steaming up and pretty much knew from past experience with my old golf what the cause was.

Upon looking online it was generally saying the outlet for the pipe was behind the wheel arch liner. I took the wheel off, mudflap and pulled the arch liner and plastic cover trim away and find this was really totally unnecessary as the outlet comes out in pretty much the identical place as on a mk4 Golf. 

I fiddled and struggled and puffed and panted etc etc ripped skin and knuckles, pulled away the door seal and and eventually found the pipe had dropped inside the inner panel, by taking the trim off on the lower part of the footwell accessed by 2 screws behind a small removable cover then pulling away the carpet and wadding there was hole adjacent to where the pipe end with the rubber piece on the end comes out in the door shut. I poked it through and as I pressed it loads of mud and gunk came out, I pressed it and at least a quarter of a pint of water came gushing out! I flushed it through after I had secured it back in place, it has a slight edge that sits in the hole to stop it pulling through, it gave a confidence inspiring glug as the water rushed through when I dropped a load in the sunroof gully, sunroof open, now all I had to do was put it all back together, 10 mins later job done and now I just have to dry the carpet and wadding/soundproofing out before it goes manky and starts smelling. 

I will ask my mate Simon if he is willing for me to pass his number on, he is in Notts/Loughborough area and is better than he admits, he did wonders with my car and now I've got my rims back (they are easily worth the £200 I paid to get them done) and on it not only looks cracking but also drives much better as all tyres are brand new and matching! 

Cheers Jules 

Edited by jules68leo
  • Like 1

• Administrators

That’s all good to hear! I remember watching Humble Mechanic working on his R32 and talking about the drain plugs, glad you got it sorted.

• 5 months later...

hi lads n lasses,

just a quick update with pics.

i cleaned all the brakes, wheel arches and resealed the rims again now it looks even better, well chuffed with the results, didn't go mad and take them to bits just painted where you can see 

bought some stuff to clean my seats, gave the carpets a clean a few weeks ago but the seats didn't come up well so i have bought a couple of brush attachments for my drill to agitate the material better and maybe lift the grime out. will post pics afterwards

passed mot last week and had climate regassed as i am not sure if it has been done or not.

take care everyone in the mad times

20200525_195100.jpg

20200525_195130.jpg

20200525_195145.jpg

20200517_172705.jpg

Edited by jules68leo
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi lads n lasses, 

Thanks for the comments few updates had my drivers seat repaired the stitching had come undone between the horrible fabric and the leather now sorted. 

I am getting the bits together to do my hifi install also sending my amp off to be serviced and going a different route for the first time and using 2 amps one on the fronts and one on the sub. 

Funny how all this is getting me revved up and excited but I've waited 2 years to get to this point where I have the time money and enthusiasm to do it and I can't wait. 

I will post pics if possible as I go. 

Hope everyone is well and ok

Stay safe keep ya chins up

Cheers for now Jules 

20200704_171558.jpg

20200718_170203.jpg

Edited by jules68leo
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there, 

Yes the car is fine, didn't get the detailing done again that I was promised earlier this year but hey ho. 

Met someone at a track day the other day called Roger who's advise I will be taking on suspension and geometry upgrades/improvements then maybe a cheeky chip once the chassis is sorted. 

I did get the cambelt changed earlier this year, not much else to tell had plans but they didn't happen again so it looks like more than likely new plans and old will happen next year now, but no rush I will get it done when the time comes. 

Thanks for asking 

Jules 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I would like to know more about the car in your ownership as there is stuff in that video that wasn't in the car when I bought it would you be able to private message me or are you happy to fill me in on this thread? Cheers Jules 

In the video on YouTube there is a gauge in the right hand side air vent. 

Who put the exhaust and panel filter in it and did you remap it? 

We're the sills damaged when you bought it? 

Was the central locking, interior lights and alarm working while you had it? 

Thanks 

Jules 

The pictures in the video are not this car. My friend did the video and he forgot to take pics so stole some from google. The exhaust was fitted when I bought it as for the filter I can’t remember. As I remember the sills may of had something on them but can’t remember. The interior lights worked the alarm I’m not sure I never had it set of or needed to check it. 

Not much help then mate! 

I have had oil and filter change, new plugs, rocker cover gasket and a new flexy pipe fitted all in the last couple of weeks, getting my mojo back now. 

Plans are afoot and I'm now making a list of things to get and fit hopefully in the next few weeks which will transform the car. 

If weather is good next weekend I am cleaning the seats and carpets and will give the leather some nourishment. 

When all mechanical work is done then I'll get it detailed again. 

Will add pics and updates as and when. 

Gave it a bath today first time in weeks, wheels are looking shoddy few chips marks and scratches so I now have another dilemma have them refurbed again or use them for winter wheels and get a nice set of 18s and good tyres fitted.... 

First World problems 

Thanks 

Jules 

20220410_150103.jpg

20220410_161001.jpg

Edited by jules68leo
  • Love it! 2