Not another Meteor grey!! - Sportline 2.0T DSG Combi

I have to admit, the colour does throw me a bit. In these grey and murky days, my bonnet seems to just vanish - it seems to change tone to match the grey around it!

still though - offset against the glossy black bits (and chrome free grill) it looks fantastic and different without be in your face.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I couldn't live with MG on a daily basis, but I do like the way it seems to absorb the colours around it. Almost like having a different colour every time you stop. Maybe Skoda should rebrand it "Chamaeleon" and put it back on the paid options list:).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

I'm pretty sure I couldn't live with MG on a daily basis, but I do like the way it seems to absorb the colours around it. Almost like having a different colour every time you stop. Maybe Skoda should rebrand it "Chamaeleon" and put it back on the paid options list:).

Totally agree.  It can look like a minky, mushroom colour if you park near anything remotely red/brown.  Looks awful.  (I'd still spec it again though :blush:)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, penguin17 said:

We are all idiots!  We paid for this colour and fast forward 6 months, Skoda are now offering it for free :angry:

I seen a Panamera Sport Tourismo (estate) in 'Crayon', last week and it looked amazing!  Perhaps one day we'll look back at Meteor grey and think of it in the same sense as a Teasmade, Corby trouserpress, etc 

I have a corby trouser press, extremely useful piece of kit:blink:

• Haha 2

Agreed, I don't like it on warm sunny days, but it really sets off the black sportline trim and contrasts well.. so much about the design of the superb is just right.. great car.. 

Edited by technics100

11 hours ago, technics100 said:

Meteor Grey is the new white.. wonder what colour will be "in vogue" in the next few years.

One of my few 'rules' in life; only two models of car should ever be purchased in white...a Golf GTi and a Porsche 911 (and only a Carrera RS with contrasting side decals/alloys).  

CAVEAT: If you're car is neither of the above but looks freakin' awesome then it gets special dispensation, right @Boxerdog1 :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edwards said:

@penguin17 obvs this get freakin' awesome dispensation, right :)

image.thumb.png.dde8d1c1d3f02700bc6ce6a0765f1cf3.png

That's Superb!!! Does look good in white and contrasts the black trim very well.. I don't like the pano roof in the white.. Although she's no Meteor Grey.. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Nothing has changed much in the past 2 years 9 months... It's due to go back on the 4th June this year, and actually just turned 33333 yesterday.. so I'm slightly over my 10K a year agreement..   I can ring VWFS next Friday and see what my buy back figure is.. realistically I doubt I would buy it..  for no other reason than it's prob the same monthly figure to lease a new car than pay it off on finance (out of warranty etc) 

I'm now looking at a Kodiaq's as my 3 kids are just getting bigger and we really could do with 7 seats.. 

In my ownership I have serviced it once and put a set of front tyres on it.. It's been into Skoda once to get the ignition switch replaced.. but that's it.. really has been nearly 3 years of hassle free motoring... I will miss the 2.0T 220bhp though.. :-(

IMG_20210224_143637.jpg

Edited by technics100

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a quick update.. Rang VWFS this morning and got my buy back figure.. £17,350.. to be honest I was expecting it to be a good bit cheaper than that.. what do you think of it? 

June 2018, Superb Sportline 2.0 Tfsi 220bhp DSG, meteor grey with front sensors, heated front seats, electric boot and spare wheel.. 33k on it.. 

Edited by technics100

On 09/03/2021 at 09:03, D402 said:

You can haggle on the buy back figure, and buying would save you the excess mileage and any damage charges

to be honest, it's cheaper to lease a new one than pay off £17k over 4 year 9 months at the same monthly cost on finance.. Shouldn't be any damage charges and the excess mileage will only be a couple of hundred quid.. 

• 3 months later...

Well, it went back today.. So I'm now over in the kodiaq forum.. :-) The Kodiaq seems great so far, although down a bit on power (70bhp).. As I've said before, I really had no issues with the superb at all in 37 months and 37.5k.. two oil changes, one set of front tyres and a set of rear discs.. Start stop button replaced under warranty.. very uneventful.. Fantastic car, loads of space and lots of poke. lots of comments.. even when I put my last bit of fuel in last week the cashier commented on the colour.  the assessor from BCA commented that there was not a ding or dent on the car.. which with 3 kids is pretty impressive.. 

I have a few bits and bobs to sell from the kodiaq, so may stick them in the classifieds. - rear tunnel cover, skoda door lights, boot liner, tow bar hitch, umbrella tray thingy for the boot. 

20210701_kodiaq-2991.jpg

IMG_20210706_092248.jpg

• 1 month later...

Superb gone a while back and I have some bits and pieces left over if anyone is interested. Link to classifieds below:

• DSG Paddle extensions - will need new sticky pads, brushed finish - £5
  • Rear Tunnel cover - 3V0864450 - genuine Skoda item - £10
  • Skoda puddle lights - one clip broken on one but should be fine in the door as they are a tight enough fit - Project Skoda onto the ground..- £5
  • Boot liner - not the greatest fit, but great to keep the boot clean, one small hole, although this could be filled with a dab of black sealant - £15
  • Estate boot brolly / coat holder - luggage cover, removed shortly after I got the car, sat in the garage ever since -  3V9.861.335A - £30
  • Towbar hitch, Tow-Trust comes with bag, keys and ball cover and cover for under car ACS 63 - £30