Anyone fitted an RCD330 unit to an Octavia Mk2?

Hello,

I'm looking to fit an RCD330 (link below) to my Skoda 2008 Octavia VRS CR170 which currently has a stream unit. I'm also having an MFSW with the correct steering module fitted at the same time as I have revision Q. Has anyone fitted one of these units before and if so does the steam facia fit? If not how did you get a decent fit in the dash, does the Bolero facia fit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332088794917?ul_noapp=true

Thanks

Edited by fabatron

You'll need a facia designed for a Columbus or Amundsen(+) headunit, namely the RNS-510, RNS-315 and RNS-310.

There are many versions of the RCD330 that have completely different hardware and software and it's not clear exactly which is for sale in that ebay auction. Each version will have some bugs so you need to be sure you can live with any before committing as not all can have the software updated.

I have one fitted in a '61 Octavia, it's mostly happy and supports both the MFSW and OPS. The most obvious issues/bugs I've noticed are:

- No RDS info for FM

- No alternative frequency (AF) switching for FM

- No maxidot support apart from incoming call notifications

- No climate information displayed

- Occasional volume issues

- Gets stuck in the 'voice' EQ losing most the bass

Nothing massively serious as 99% of my use is Android auto. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that listens to a lot of FM radio though...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, langers2k said:

You'll need a facia designed for a Columbus or Amundsen(+) headunit, namely the RNS-510, RNS-315 and RNS-310.

There are many versions of the RCD330 that have completely different hardware and software and it's not clear exactly which is for sale in that ebay auction. Each version will have some bugs so you need to be sure you can live with any before committing as not all can have the software updated.

I have one fitted in a '61 Octavia, it's mostly happy and supports both the MFSW and OPS. The most obvious issues/bugs I've noticed are:

- No RDS info for FM

- No alternative frequency (AF) switching for FM

- No maxidot support apart from incoming call notifications

- No climate information displayed

- Occasional volume issues

- Gets stuck in the 'voice' EQ losing most the bass

Nothing massively serious as 99% of my use is Android auto. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that listens to a lot of FM radio though...

Thanks very much @langers2k, good info. Glad it will fit neatly in.

@claudiu2s - might need to email the seller with a few questions?