Updating Amunsen+ SatNav

Just looking for some advice here please ... as title suggests.  Had to drive Cornwall to Bristol for Hospital assessment for hubby yesterday.  First time really used the Monte SatNav in anger, and worked OK but did get a bit "lost" at times.  Voice also has a bit of a stutter ... not sure if an update would overcome this.  Its a 2013 Monte, no idea if ever been updated from new   I have tried the update portal with VIN no and just replies that can only be updated by dealer at service :( .  Is it just a case of picking up a better version on SD card or any do's and don'ts to be aware of.  Got to go back to Bristol in a couple of weeks for surgery appointment and I will be driving around on my own for day or 2 whilst he is in hospital, so want to try to make sure its as helpful as possible.  Thanks :) 

Edited by KernowMaid

The portal is for the new sat nav units on the latest vehicles. Its best to get the latest MAP SD off of ebay. (link below) they are alot cheaper than the stealers (300 quid or so for one) it will take a while to update but even if you turn the car off overnight and then on again in the morning it will continue but I don't recommend that. I left the engine running on the driveway updating. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Skoda-Seat-RNS-315-SD-Card-Navigation-Sat-Nav-Map-V9-AZ-Europe-UK-2017-2018/123151353877?hash=item1cac648815:g:0xIAAOSwUDBay8Jf

I am guessing you have the SkodaAuto Amundsen+ (aka rsn315) 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, done that:

Part No: 5JA035192H    Software: 0407    Hardware: H70   Nav Data: 3AA919866   Data Version: 0050   Data Medium: EUR_W_V4

Which means absolutely nothing to me, but maybe makes sense to you?

Let us know how you get on. I'm also running Version 4 and yes it does not recognise any new roads. I fear that voice stammer will not be solved with the update, but hopefully you will find your way.