Fabia Mk III Facelift

Still not convinced that the grille looks ok.  It seems a little out of proportion in my view.

23 minutes ago, RickW said:

Still not convinced that the grille looks ok.  It seems a little out of proportion in my view.

It does look a bit strange from that angle. Probably will look slightly better when seen with a number plate I think.

Bill :) 

1 minute ago, lawnmowerman said:

It does look a bit strange from that angle. Probably will look slightly better when seen with a number plate I think.

Bill :) 

I agree Bill,I need to go to my local dealer and see it in the metal for myself.

14 hours ago, RickW said:

I agree Bill,I need to go to my local dealer and see it in the metal for myself.

It looks even better in the metal, that is the Monte so it has the black surround as opposed to chrome but this gives it a wide mouth more aggressive look IMO. The new Monte seats are really comfy although it the first I have had a sit in, they have smooth leather bolster now.

I was slightly disappointed to discover the faux exhausts each side in the rear diffuser however they are very well done, in comparison to some I have seen on SEAT Ibiza FR models that have chrome surrounds on them which look a little tacky IMO and easily notice, and there are some even worse by the likes of Hyundai and Peugeot.

If Skoda had an option to have them piped in though I would of chosen it - each to there own though I guess.

It will look better with plates on too that's for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say I have cancelled my order. I will not be staying with Skoda. I won't go in to depth but my family have encountered several problems throughout our ownership. Just cancelled around £45K of orders as the final nail in the coffin happened at the weekend.

I am staying with the VAG group however and most likely heading over to SEAT.

Farewell to you all and I may still drop by to see what's going on.

1 hour ago, Offski said:

Skoda build some SEAT cars like the Ateca & the UP!MiiCitigo are built in the same place in Slovakia so you need to remember it is all the VW Group, 

parts shared, and facilities.

Seriously!? That is interesting and something to keep in mind, I am set the Leon at the minute and the Arona or Ateca for the other half.

Love Leon's & Leon ST.  Prefer ones with good suspension though.  Multi Link.

1.8 TSI 180ps were crackers.

I have driven Arona 1.0 TSI  and so so IMO, 

and Ateca 190ps Petrols & Diesels which were nice.  Still like a Leon though.

If i was buying i would have a Karoq over an Ateca.

Edited by Offski

4 hours ago, James777 said:

Sorry to say I have cancelled my order. I will not be staying with Skoda. I won't go in to depth but my family have encountered several problems throughout our ownership. Just cancelled around £45K of orders as the final nail in the coffin happened at the weekend.

I am staying with the VAG group however and most likely heading over to SEAT.

Farewell to you all and I may still drop by to see what's going on.

Youll just be buying the sane car with a different badge. 

2 hours ago, Offski said:

Love Leon's & Leon ST.  Prefer ones with good suspension though.  Multi Link.

1.8 TSI 180ps were crackers.

I have driven Arona 1.0 TSI  and so so IMO, 

and Ateca 190ps Petrols & Diesels which were nice.  Still like a Leon though.

If i was buying i would have a Karoq over an Ateca.

It will be the Leon FR 1.5 DSG I will go for. And we are not too sure yet on the other as we have yet to test drive the Ateca. Our dealer lost the order for a Karoq SEL DSG. 

Lost it or no order books open, no WLTP and no point having an order when no idea when the cars will be available.

My SEAT is serviced at the Skoda / SEAT workshop by excellent technicians.

Dealerships are side by side and there is one workshop with all the gear and techs with more than just an idea.

Edited by Offski
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Offski said:

Lost it or no order books open, no WLTP and no point having an order when no idea when the cars will be available.

My SEAT is serviced at the Skoda / SEAT workshop by excellent technicians.

Dealerships are side by side and there is one workshop with all the gear and techs with more than just an idea.

Same my Fabia will be serviced by Seat and Skoda as they share the same service department.

Davy

15 hours ago, Offski said:

Well the order books open when we placed it however we cancelled it. The Karoq lead time is ridiculous as well.

• Thanks 1

On 17/09/2018 at 13:30, RickW said:

Keep in touch and let us know what you decide on. Sorry for your experience,cars can be a pain.

Ok so I have ordered the Leon FR 1.5 DSG, they have some cracking deals on at the minute and for only £7 more a month than what i would have been paying for a Fabia Monte DSG with a few extras I have a whole lot more car IMO it comes standard with bells, whistles, trumpets the lot. Should be here for Christmas 

• Like 1

Well done James,sounds like an excellent deal.

I've just ordered another Fabia which will be here in January.

Exciting winter ahead for both of us! 

8 minutes ago, RickW said:

Well done James,sounds like an excellent deal.

I've just ordered another Fabia which will be here in January.

Exciting winter ahead for both of us! 

Nice one! Did you go Monte in the end and what colour? Yep certainly some exciting weeks ahead, I hope we don't get too harsh a winter so that we can enjoy our new rides.

I went for another S EL with a few extras.

Heated seats this time as I've been envious of my wife's Citigo having them on a frosty winter morning.

Race Blue again as I really like it.

Edited by RickW