problem with installing PHATBOX!

Can someone help me?

Im, well me and my car electrician are stucked with installing phatbox phatnoise in my Superb.

As you already know(people who have phbox) it comes with cable with female 13din on one end.

Therefore I tought I need 5m long cable with 8pin mini iso on one end( wich goes to navi) and on other 13din male connector, so I ordered frome DIETZ blaupunkt cable and woila, it came to me, we installed and BOOM!

There goes fuse on navi. So my electrician noticed it actually has just 8 din, we called shop they checked and they said it is ok, it should work. 25euros went to toilet.

So yesterday, I bought second hand blaupunkt cable from scrapyard(it was from alfa 159) wich actually has 13din and 8pins.

I tought this must be it, we wired fast and KBOOM-NOTHING!20euros went to toilet, again!

Phatbox doesnt react, fuse on navi same, Cd option on navigation is grey, cant choose it, and we are stucked.

I have found pin out of my Superb navi(wich is actually blaupunkt product), and it is same as alfa romeo navi(same blaupunkt) -8pin mini iso pin out positions.

Does anyone have a clue what to do, and what are we doing wrong?! Im realy close to loose my mind..:crying:

Hi,

it looks like you have the wrong cable on the Phatbox, that looks like the one for BMW or Kenwood. it is a different cable for VAG as it connects to the cable that would normally be used to connect to the remote CD changer.. the connection on the phatbox cable is a bit like half an ISO connector. 

This link may help https://www.phathack.com/pinouts.html

John

Edited by jjc
more info
  • Like 1

Im really getting frustrated, in my country it isnt possible to find right cable, because 90% of car doesnt have cd changer, Im losing mind about this, but eventually I'll win!

I want my music in my Superb, is it too much that I looking for?! :blush:

Hi,

if you look at the link I sent you you could adjust the cable by removing the wrong end and connecting to the head-unit CD changer output, or see if an auto electric person could do it for you if you cannot.

John

• Like 2

He could try, Im totaly not good in car electricity...

But he isnt sure wich scheme to look at to know what pin is for what...

He told me that blaupunkt cable from alfa Ive bought has right 8mini iso connector with right pins, so if we just could find out how to change pin in right order...

Also, do I need to use some kind of software to let the car know I have "cd changer"-Phatbox!?

To conclude this theme, unfortunatly I didnt find solution and Im giving up.

This topic now could be closed!

Cheers and thanks everyone for help, especially Nackuk who sent me Phatbox for nothing..he had great wishes, but it is what it is..:blush:

• 3 weeks later...

did your car not have any factory fitted CD changer wiring?

My phatbox setup used a different cable - a short adapter that attaches to the factory wiring loom.

No, unfortunatly..

I have found on e-bay, vw/skoda cd changer oem wiring and adapter for phatbox and it would cost me just about 60euros, but I think its bit of risky, because Im not sure if it will work even then.

So for now, I just need to let it go off idea that I would have music that I like all the time in my car.

If it isnt big problem for you, can you  take a picture of connection on your car and phatbox(in trunk)?

Thanks for helping..