annoying resonance sound while the rev is from 1000-1500

hello

was trying to find out where is the annoying sound coming from. my car is a 10 reg 1.6 tdi. i've had this car since 2012.

its been a while since last august. most noticeable is when the car is warm, after driving around 20 mins.  

this sound if more like something is hitting another and the sound is coming from like inside the central vent.

it happens

1  while in the traffic, releasing clutch pedal without gas. (quite loud)

2  when i quick change to 2nd gear after car moving, and when rev reaches 1.5k the sound gone.

3  occasionally when i change to 3rd gear if the speed is low (20 miles)

when car is cold, there is no such sound.

it maybe rev related, but i haven't notice any such sound before 2017.

another question is the white metal part in the circle, what is that? i can feel it a little bit loose, would that be the problem.

many thanks

B5J-6079H.jpg

Are there any pipes and/pr cables attached with clips to the bulkhead? I have not looked at mine to compare but I remember once, on an older car i had, plastic or metal pipes running along this area, that were clipped on and as you revved up, pulled away etc, the movement of the engine pulled on them and they sort of pulled away from the clips and made a clunking sound. New clips and ten mins work, problem solved! I hasten to add, this was not a VW based vehicle but your post just reminded me of it. It did take a wee while to realise where the sound came from but moments to fix.

the car didn't go the dealer for the emissions fix, letters were ignored, as heard some bad news from other owners.

only repair work did was change the front coil springs (both kilen spring), 1 month before the sound came out. 

it reminds me that last year, after first noise been heard, i had the  air filter changed and  if i remembered correctly, the sound did go for a while. 

now it looks like when the weather getting warmer, the more chances you can heard the sound. ( even start the engine while engine is still warm only 1 or 2 hitting something noise)

i will take a close look at the hosing and pipe etc, if find a solution will update again

thanks for all  your replies. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had something like that in the girls petrol fabia. 

I found the noice from about the upper red circle. Was cables/wires scratchings against the body of the car.