Hunter wheel alignment North East

Anyone got any recommendations for where to go for 4 wheel alignment, the closer to Middlesbrough the better.

I've only found 2 places locally , the local Audi and VW dealers - so not sure if they will be extortionate. I'm not too fussed about the cost but would

prefer some feedback first if possible.

I've had a look on here:

https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

and one of the places doesn't seem to exist anymore.

4 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

Wouldn’t trust them to chance a wiper blade!

Maybe not but they do have Hunters 4 wheel alignment with computer readout of before and after :biggrin:

Heard a few horror stories (from other forums) about Kwik Fit, they seem a bit hit and miss.

Anyway, ended up at TyreCity after having some Michelin PS4's fitted. There's a computer screen situated in the customer area that duplicates

the computer screen that they are using,  so you can watch the testing/alignment process live as they do it.

18 minutes ago, dervdave said:

Maybe not but they do have Hunters 4 wheel alignment with computer readout of before and after :biggrin:

But do they know how to use it?

A comprehensive tool in the hands of an idiot is a very dangerous thing...

Derek Campbell on Preston Farm Business Park, Stockton. 

http://www.derekcampbellstockton.co.uk/

I was recommended these guys by C&S tyres in M'boro (also a great company to deal with).  The alignment on my new car was out from the factory and Derek Slack Skoda don't have the kit to do it themselves.   Great service from Derek Campbell's.  

9 minutes ago, dervdave said:

Looked pretty foolproof to me :biggrin:

59 minutes ago, Falmouthboy said:

Wouldn’t trust them to chance a wiper blade!

Kwikfit can mess up changing a wiper blade or a bulb, so I'm sure they can find many ways to mess up wheel alignment no matter how idiot proof Hunter have tried to make it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SWBoy said:

Kwikfit can mess up changing a wiper blade or a bulb, so I'm sure they can find many ways to mess up wheel alignment no matter how idiot proof Hunter have tried to make it.

This. I had an alignment done a few weeks ago but took a 45 mins each way trip to a respected Garage in Bolton with the hunter kit. The person who does the alignment is always the same guy and I think he's been doing it almost as long as I've been alive!

There's a few Kwik fit garages within about 15 mins of me, but no way I'd trust them to do a proper job.

Edited by ahenners
  • Like 1