Eibach or H&R for lowering?

4 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Is the 10mm difference that noticeable then? 

I think it is but it's purely cosmetic. I've changed the settings on my pedal box yesterday and had some fun over the last couple of days so performance isn't really an issue. Maybe a tiny bit less roll would be good but that's nothing an extra pound or 2 in the rear tyres won't fix.

I think I'll leave it for now and put the money into refurb-ing the wheels and new rubber.

19 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

I think it is but it's purely cosmetic. I've changed the settings on my pedal box yesterday and had some fun over the last couple of days so performance isn't really an issue. Maybe a tiny bit less roll would be good but that's nothing an extra pound or 2 in the rear tyres won't fix.

I think I'll leave it for now and put the money into refurb-ing the wheels and new rubber.

Thats good to hear then as i was reluctant to get the eibach Pro springs as i thought 10mm would be unnoticeable on the rear!

2 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Thats good to hear then as i was reluctant to get the eibach Pro springs as i thought 10mm would be unnoticeable on the rear!

I think you misunderstood my explanation of the heights. At the moment the rear is 10mm higher than the front. If I put vrs springs on the front (15mm drop) and eibach pro on the back ( 35mm drop) the rear it will then make the rear 10mm lower than the front.

Pro springs on a vrs drop it by 20mm as it is already 15mm down on standard.

2 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Just reread your reply and I may have misunderstood.  🥵

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 14/05/2019 at 12:31, jameson8 said:

here is my skoda on eibach sportline springs and have 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers. 

FBBA16EF-496A-40BB-902B-564550CF503B.jpeg

How is the ride on then springs and spacers? I have exact same car and wheels but fanch same springs as you 

22 minutes ago, Markmcc21 said:

How is the ride on then springs and spacers? I have exact same car and wheels but fanch same springs as you 

ride is really sporty and if you have bad roads you feel every single one😁 but on corners is very fun and stick to the road. 

3 minutes ago, jameson8 said:

ride is really sporty and if you have bad roads you feel every single one😁 but on corners is very fun and stick to the road. 

Thanks mate. Iv only just found out about the sportlines. Maybe I'll stick with the pros then as I need to pass over about 15 speed bumps just to travel 2 miles to my parents! I know on the website it states the sportlines to drop 30/25 but how much drop did u actually get? Thanks. 

45 minutes ago, Markmcc21 said:

Thanks mate. Iv only just found out about the sportlines. Maybe I'll stick with the pros then as I need to pass over about 15 speed bumps just to travel 2 miles to my parents! I know on the website it states the sportlines to drop 30/25 but how much drop did u actually get? Thanks. 

Here is eibach sportline with 19" wheels to.
Love the stiffness, not to much and not to little.
If i haven't had this car as allround and family car i might wan't some more stiffness.
Nice and low and only thing iv'e scraped so far is mudflaps on a really high speedbumb that was placed over an electrical cabel.

Haven't scraped the front yet even though my friend whith his golf r with standard springs and a maxton lip does scrapes here and there.

2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2

23 hours ago, Markmcc21 said:

never measured the drop, never had problems with speed bumps. 

np🙂

• 11 months later...

I recently installed sport lines on my mk3 vrs. 

The drop wasn't as much as I was hoping however. 

Could others share the exact part number of the springs they used? 

This is what I was recommended. 

Thing I was confused about were the axle loads and ultimately If I got the correct springs as I believe the axle loads on the accrual vin plate are lower. 

Manufacturer:
Eibach
Product code:
E20-15-021-05-22
EAN:
Lowering Front:
40mm
Lowering Rear:
30mm
Front Axle Load:
1100kg
Rear Axle Load:
1150kg

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2020 at 23:07, Obalaan said:

Here is eibach sportline with 19" wheels to.
Love the stiffness, not to much and not to little.
If i haven't had this car as allround and family car i might wan't some more stiffness.
Nice and low and only thing iv'e scraped so far is mudflaps on a really high speedbumb that was placed over an electrical cabel.

Haven't scraped the front yet even though my friend whith his golf r with standard springs and a maxton lip does scrapes here and there.

2.jpg

That is one sexy looking motor!!