Eibach or H&R for lowering?

Hey.

I am in a dilemma and no search on the interweb has given me any answes so far.

So here goes:

I am looking for the right springs for lowering my 2017 2.0 TDI Estate about 40mm

But i cant decide between Eibach springs or H&R.

I used to have H&R on my late Fabia 2007 and My VW Passat estate and i was quite satisfied with them. Though a bit on the stiff side on the Fabia.

From what i can read on the web, the eibach is a bit softer in ride, but does not drop the car quite as much as the H&R.

Any on you guys her can give me any advise?
Please help.

Cheers from Denmark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

either or... both German so almost guaranteed good quality.

Conversely, I went Eibach Pro-Kit. Heard nothing but good things about both (incl. on / off stock dampers), so would recommend find best price and fitting centre for you :). Wont be disappointed - car looks +200% better with even -30mm drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ads230 said:

Conversely, I went Eibach Pro-Kit. Heard nothing but good things about both (incl. on / off stock dampers), so would recommend find best price and fitting centre for you :). Wont be disappointed - car looks +200% better with even -30mm drop.

I'll fit it myself, aswell as a full alignment and calibration of my xenons. 

Question is just that i was wondering what is mostly recommended by people who already roll on either H&R/Eibach :-)

I had the same dilemma when I lowered my Toyota MR2, eibach or H&R. One of the main reasons for down-selecting these options was both were black springs, which i wanted to keep things looking standard. Ended up going for H&R as they were much better value and similar amount of lowering (30mm). They are pretty firm with standard dampers.

Anyway, always wish I went with the Eibachs instead. For your car a slightly softer spring and less lowering might be the best compromise and worth the extra money over the H&Rs.

I had Eibachs on my Fabia vRS and I've just purchased Eibachs again for my Golf GTi but haven't yet fitted them. 

Feels very similar to stock until you start throwing it into corners. They're the perfect spring for how I want my car to ride, only downside is they don't lower the car by much.

On 22/06/2018 at 06:04, Satqiel said:

Hey.

I am in a dilemma and no search on the interweb has given me any answes so far.

So here goes:

I am looking for the right springs for lowering my 2017 2.0 TDI Estate about 40mm

But i cant decide between Eibach springs or H&R.

I used to have H&R on my late Fabia 2007 and My VW Passat estate and i was quite satisfied with them. Though a bit on the stiff side on the Fabia.

From what i can read on the web, the eibach is a bit softer in ride, but does not drop the car quite as much as the H&R.

Any on you guys her can give me any advise?
Please help.

Cheers from Denmark

Remembering back to my Vectra B days a lot of the V6 brigade would find that the front would still sit quite high with the Eibach springs. When I eventually lowered mine I purposely looked out for springs rated for the 2.2 engine (lighter than the V6 lump) and it was spot on then.

I'm on eibach if I was doing it again I would go H&R as the eibach prokit aren't low enough for me.

Also have Bilstein B8 dampers. If the OP has the standard Octavia suspension rather than the VRS which is 15mm lower I would be concerned with going too low (as I assume they have different  dampers as standard) and this case maybe eibach is the better choice unless replacing the dampers also.

Edited by Kahunajb

20 hours ago, Kahunajb said:

I'm on eibach if I was doing it again I would go H&R as the eibach prokit aren't low enough for me.

How's that?

If the H&R kit says 40/40 drop and the Eibach Prokit says 40/40, wouldnt that be almost the same?

Is there a significant difference in height between the 2 sets of springs?

21 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

H&R all day long. This is mine on h&r with 12mm spacers.

330880D9-8682-491E-BA7E-427430613BA6.jpeg

How much lower is that?
Looking great, mate :-D

Don’t you guys think the front looks higher than the rear? This did my nut in on my last motor so did a hub mod which made the car look level. Considering doing to my new one now. Any thoughts? 

There is about 50kg of weight in the back on that shot. I think the new H&R springs for the 4x4 estate are 50 front and 40 rear. 

They list several springs for diff engines and rear axle set ups so make sure you get right part number. Also my tyres are 235/35/19 so slightly higher profile which fills the arches better. 

8 hours ago, Crisyn said:

Don’t you guys think the front looks higher than the rear? This did my nut in on my last motor so did a hub mod which made the car look level. Considering doing to my new one now. Any thoughts? 

Yes this annoys me also and partly why I went for the eibach which is 20mm front 10mm rear thinking it would even out the arch gap however now the front is slightly lower than the rear.

33 minutes ago, jcabrera said:

I recently installed eibach sportline & I'm quite happy with the result :)

20180623_150117.jpg

That looks good, but how much is that?
Doesnt seem to be quite as much as the one Esseesse200 posted earlier.

9 hours ago, Crisyn said:

i think its designed that way as when you stick a driver and passenger in the front it will balance out. ie say your average driver + passenger is 160-180kgs. Mine also sits higher at the front unloaded, get two people to sit in the front and see what happens

Edited by JohnnyType2

1 hour ago, JohnnyType2 said:

same here...

sonax2.jpg.0294014ee6795d51637dc3f47be5e2db.jpg

Your car is just spot on. I truly love that grey color. :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcabrera said:

Car looks great! I would love to get those sideskirts, front lip kit and honey comb grille, being here is Sydney there isn't much aftermarket parts for Octi

most of the styling tuners, Reiger/Superskoda/Maxton post world wide, they are based in Germany/eastern europe anyways