Android Auto Connection

skodakm27

Can anyonespare the time to tell me how to connect and use android auto on my Karoq edition.  The phone is shown to be charging when connected to the usb on the car so presumably the usb connection is good. Android auto is installed on my samsung s8. 

My phone is showing a bluetooth connection to my car.So when i enter into smartlink on  my infotainment  menu should I  or do i have to select the android auto option of the three options on the screen and if i get no response when touching Android auto text on the left of the screen have i missed out on doing something.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards Keith 

You need to turn off bluetooth on your phone.  Android Auto uses the USB cable to connect to the car, and if the Bluetooth connects first, I think it ignores the Android Auto connection (at least it appears so in my Superb).

Alternatively, uninstall Android Auto from your phone, ensure 4G is on, and plug phone into car, it should want to download Android Auto at that point.  Are you using a 3rd Party cable or an original Samsung one? That may be an issue also (some phones like original cables only!).

Hope thats given you some food for thought :) 

Thanks for that.

I am  not using a original Samsung cable, so if i do not have any luck trying the suggestions you have made i shall have have to get a Samsung original cable.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards Keith 

First time connecting I had to open the Android auto app on the phone, and when I connected the cable, I unlocked the phone to tap "allow" 5 different times vor various permissions for the app. After that it didn't ask again. Works fine now.

Have an S7, used a random usb cable.