DAB option gone astray

So after 4+ years of listening to DAB stations on Columbus / Canton / MIB1 in my vRS on Saturday morning the DAB option just literally disappeared from the radio (just in time to remove 5live for the football!). I can get FM to work but theres surprisingly few radio stations around my way if you don't want BBC radio. 

I've tried resetting the infotainment and a 'hard reboot' several times. It seemed to have a bit of an issue with USB and bluetooth for a while but these came back.

Any ideas - don't think there is away of turn DAB option on or off in settings anywhere?

46 minutes ago, tunedude said:

You haven't plugged anything electrical in recently? Dashcam, double ciggy light charger etc etc.

No, was listen to dab on way to take kids swimming sat morning and came back to car 45 mins later and it had changed to an untuned FM channel

What firmware do you have on your Columbus? I had the same problem on mine when it was running old firmware, DAB just disappeared completely. It was cured by putting the latest firmware on it.

3 hours ago, Paulius55 said:

What firmware do you have on your Columbus? I had the same problem on mine when it was running old firmware, DAB just disappeared completely. It was cured by putting the latest firmware on it.

Its MIB1 running 0390 i believe. 

Sounds similar, can't find any record of having DAB at all.

I'll get it booked in when i can, got a few other bits to get looked at - time for a new one i think!

• 1 month later...

So skoda looked at my dab and concluded I need to spend £2600 on a new infotainment control unit!!!

not sure if im imagining things but I think I have one or two other issues - e.g. the ‘max heat’ but turns the screen blower on but doesn’t set the a/c to ‘Hi’ like it used to. I can’t seem to get into the a/c profiles on the infotainment so you probably linked I guess?

On 10/07/2018 at 08:56, Paulius55 said:

Hi Paulius, do you know what firmware fixed this, as I don’t think they put new firmware on

15 hours ago, Exeterj said:

think Skoda garage might be right but annoyed they didn’t update the software

Marshalls?

Marshalls Barnstaple refused to update the engine ECU software on my Octavia, even when I gave the the full details.

I updated from 0101 to 0390, which made a significant difference, I am now on 0411. As your unit was on 0390 anyway it must be something else. Have you checked the DAB aerial connection?

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2018 at 09:40, SWBoy said:

Marshalls?

Marshalls Barnstaple refused to update the engine ECU software on my Octavia, even when I gave the the full details.

Murray’s Plympton - there’s been one or two issues with them (when the speaker was playing up they just turned the bass settings down for example) - but I fear this is normal service now for most main dealer garages! I’m not sure if they tried to reinstall the dab app only but no evidence as such.

On 02/09/2018 at 18:45, Paulius55 said:

I updated from 0101 to 0390, which made a significant difference, I am now on 0411. As your unit was on 0390 anyway it must be something else. Have you checked the DAB aerial connection?

Wpuld hope they tried the aerial, is it hard to get to?

The DAB aerial is in the side screen on the estate, it's the wires that you can see. That should connect to some sort of junction box underneath all the side carpets/fittings. I may be wrong, and someone will correct me if so, but the junction box may be a signal booster too.

• 2 years later...

Is there any update to this? 

2015 Columbus MIB1 running fireware version 0411. The DAB just vanished yesterday morning and despite resetting it hasn't come back. 

Not added anything to the car, nothing extra electrical. 

Been fine for the past 4 years.