Wash wax / Shampoo recommendations

SPUD122

Hi,

Having been a user for many years of the standard Autoglym car shampoo, which I have always thought is pretty good and reasonably priced in the 2.5 litre size so didn't feel the need to go looking elsewhere for anything else.

However I was recently given as a gift the new Ultra High Definition Shampoo and have been very impressed with the foaming, cleaning and ease of use.

Issue is the price, looks to be a lot on fancy packaging box etc and not available in larger volumes.

So what are recommendations for something as good or better but available at a better cost and available in larger volumes than 1 litre.

I know there are a thousand and one options, which is why I had never really tried much else so actual experience of other options would be greatly appreciated. 

I am certainly not a Detailer, but do like to keep my cars clean and tidy so I do wash them regularly but quickly and use Colinite 845 once or twice a year to wax with generally an annual strip back, clay and light polish with a DA. 

thanks

Stewart

• 4 weeks later...

Try ONR.

Read up on it, as if your used to the foam, 2BM etc then its a bit of a change.

However, depending on car, I put a cap full of ONR into my buck of AG UHD shampoo just to help it along.

Whilst it does reduce the "foam" it does help with moving the dirt along.

Now if I could just find the BRS cheaper than £30!

• 1 month later...

I'm planning on giving Powermaxed a try if their summer jacket sealant is anything to go by. I haven't had the chance to wash my car in 3 weeks and it still looks clean. Not "just washed" clean but not filthy either. It's dead easy to apply and I'll be getting the winter version in the next couple of months to try