24 tyres in that size with consumer reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/16-Inch-Tyres/215-45-16-Tyres.htm

Edited by camelspyyder

17 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Not a very common size but 66 different tyres with ratings in that size here:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Search/Size/215-45-16/Order/Rating

24 tyres in that size with consumer reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/16-Inch-Tyres/215-45-16-Tyres.htm

Thanks. Mine are Bridgestone Turanza which according to the list have an average rating.

"Mine are Bridgestone Turanza which according to the list have an average rating"

Same here on my Toledo 16", not the quietest of tyre, infact they seem rather harsh but are wearing well. I suspect I will be ditching them on age rather than wearing them out

My Fabia came with Bridgestone Turanza 215/45 R16 tyres and they've been fine and lasted well (now on 23k).

Noise wise I've got used to them, but road surface has a great bearing on sound in the cabin I've found.

My current OEM Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 are so noisy they actually ruin the car in comparison to its OEM Continental-shod but otherwise identical predecessor. 

Thanks for nothing VW!:angry:

I honestly don't know how Bridgestone are considered one of the 6 premium brands.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 2 weeks later...

My Spaceback came with 185/60/15 Dunlop’s, but due to the excessive road noise I swapped them out fairly early on for Michelin CrossClimate all-weather tyres. 

2 hours ago, chrisgreen said:

My Spaceback came with 185/60/15 Dunlop’s, but due to the excessive road noise I swapped them out fairly early on for Michelin CrossClimate all-weather tyres. 

It's strange how they come with such different sizes. I am finding the Bridgestone Turanzas quite noisy

16 minutes ago, Sanj said:

It's strange how they come with such different sizes. I am finding the Bridgestone Turanzas quite noisy

As you work up the range the wheel sizes grow. Mine is the highest spec that still came with 15s, from there it moved on to 16s and some specs even had 17s IIRC.

Personally, having had cars with 16, 17 and 21inch rims, I much prefer the 15inch wheels. The higher sidewalls make for a more comfortable, bouncy ride (hit a bump with very low profile wheels and by christ do you feel it), and little wheels with big sidewalls are better suited to bad weather conditions like snow etc.

Also, 15 inch tyres, even big brands, are really cheap!

7 hours ago, chrisgreen said:

As you work up the range the wheel sizes grow. Mine is the highest spec that still came with 15s, from there it moved on to 16s and some specs even had 17s IIRC.

Personally, having had cars with 16, 17 and 21inch rims, I much prefer the 15inch wheels. The higher sidewalls make for a more comfortable, bouncy ride (hit a bump with very low profile wheels and by christ do you feel it), and little wheels with big sidewalls are better suited to bad weather conditions like snow etc.

Also, 15 inch tyres, even big brands, are really cheap!

I loved the 15" rims on my last Rapid. It was the perfect combination of ride comfort and handling, especially when I fitted the Goodyear Efficientgrip XL tyres. Those were reasonably expensive for 15"s at £60 each.

My new Rapid will have 17"s but will be nowhere near as hard and thumpy as my current Scirrocco R on 245 35 R19 tyres and non existent suspension with tyres coming in at £140 each :o

2 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I loved the 15" rims on my last Rapid. It was the perfect combination of ride comfort and handling, especially when I fitted the Goodyear Efficientgrip XL tyres. Those were reasonably expensive for 15"s at £60 each.

My new Rapid will have 17"s but will be nowhere near as hard and thumpy as my current Scirrocco R on 245 35 R19 tyres and non existent suspension with tyres coming in at £140 each :o

If its brand new  you should insist on something other than Bridgestone Potenza 050A to be supplied. My new one came on those. They are noisy and harsh in the 215/40R17 size Skoda fit. Indeed compared with the same size Conti Premium 2 fitted to my old one, they ruin the car.

Edited by camelspyyder

2 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

If its brand new  you should insist on something other than Bridgestone Potenza 050A to be supplied. My new one came on those. They are noisy and harsh in the 215/40R17 size Skoda fit. Indeed compared with the same size Conti Premium 2 fitted to my old one, they ruin the car.

When I bought it the car was already sitting in Germany and arrived into the UK last Friday so I'll probably get it towards the end of this week. I can't see me being able to change tyres but I'll see how I get on with these.

But I am coming from the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven in my life so anything will be an improvement :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, georgeguta said:

VW Jetta

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volkswagen/jetta/2012/#sel=372:1,375:1

Skoda Rapid

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/skoda/rapid/2018/

I dont know if there is a big difference. Can you please help?

Thank you

Can't use them, different bolt pattern.

I just brought 2 laufann tyres which are 'last years hankooks' for my wife's fabia. They cost £59 each fitted for 195x50x15 and seem like a very good tyre.

Owner couldn't recommend them highly enough.

I got quoted £79 for my mc which has 205x40x17 tryes

• 3 years later...