I was so wrong!!

I have read the words of many people extolling the virtues of the DTUK Pedalbox but had taken the view that it was a pleasant but in truth an unnecessary asset, concluding that it was only required to press the accelerator pedal harder to achieve the desired result.

Finally, I tired of embedding my foot in a swamp every time I wanted to my car to react with any enthusiasm and bought one, a DTUK+.

Initial thoughts only thus far but I was unaware you could buy a new car so cheaply, such is the total transformation in the car and in the ease and enjoyment of driving it.  More fool me for procrastinating for so long.

I am still trying to decide on the best setting, such is the saturation of choice.  Which are you good people of wisdom and kindness using?

I'm only using the standard pedal box. 

I have it on sport +2

Amber light with 2 presses on the + button. 

I had the same setting on my Octavia Vrs it's nice and progressive and works well with my setup (2.0 TSI 220 with dsg) 

I have mine on City+1 when driving around town, but on tour to Berlin I bumped it up to City+2. I've never even tried Sport.

The main benefit for me was the immediate response of the throttle pedal, so the car goes when you want it to. That, plus switching off stop/start at a rush hour roundabout, makes for a much safer car, IMHO.

• Like 1