Park assist does not work

Pra

In My Kodiaq may 2018, the park assist is not working well. Even the skoda service center engineers are not able to set it right. The sensors does not sense correctly. It may sense without anything nearby or may be it does not sense even if there is some one few inch away of sensors. It shows front or rear park assist error. 

I am worried if I did a wrong decision by deciding for kodiaq.imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950dathis comes on both screen and goes of in few seconds also it is not stored in the error list so it is no seen in the scanning.

20180710_150032.jpg

Edited by Pra
Photo upload

In the absence of a fault code being stored, you at least have an image of the fault on the screen as evidence.

Show this to your approved Skoda retailer and ask them to fix it, under warranty.

Unfortunately, modern cars are much more complex than they used to be, so electrical gremlins of this nature are very difficult to try and diagnose online.

It could be an issue with one of the sensors, but you report the fault swaps from front to rear randomly. This to me would suggest a more central issue with one of the control modules or settings.

• Like 1

Tested mine a couple of times when I first had the car for a novelty factor then never used in the next 4 years and would never dream of paying for it as an extra .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Tested mine a couple of times when I first had the car for a novelty factor then never used in the next 4 years and would never dream of paying for it as an extra .

I did exactly the same when I bought my previous Yeti, there’s no way I would have paid for it on the Kodiaq.

• Haha 1

I read “park assist” in this thread to mean the parking sensors/camera are not working, as opposed to the automatically park you very slowly function is not working?

My car will occasionally throw an error with the sensors and camera if I don’t have the tow bar electrics hooked up correctly - eventually when reversing it gives up telling me I’m really really close to a bike carrier and throws a hissy fit before giving the error message and disabling the sensors. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the reply of Silver1011 which is very logical. He replied like an engineer.

The car is under warranty and am in touch with skoda but they are delaying in solving the issue. i am loosing my patience now to go legal against them if the issue is not solved in few days.

• Like 1

I have had front sensors fitted by the dealer and like you they are not playing ball. They go crazy when there is nothing there and then at others time I'll park the car knowing full well that I'm pretty close but they don't engage. When I switch off the car go shopping or whatever, come back, switch the ignition on then they will go crazy now picking up what they didn't before. I don't have Park Assit but it seems our sensors are 'working' the same way. I did notice that the honeycomb grill that my sensors are fitted to sticks out slightly at one side. I'm unsure if this might be causing it. It was in the dealership yesterday but they said they are working fine. Drove it out if the garage took my son to boxing, reverse parked the car and front sensors going crazy. I took a picture and emailed it to the dealership as the should not be making a noise when clearly NOTHING  is there. 

20180803_111543.jpg