how to sell

Looking to sell my mk1 05 vrs.

This is not an advert.

Just wondering how other managed to advertise and sell a relatively old car which is desirable to some.

Also any idea of values? Black, 123k, reasonable condition, had most major items serviced/replaced in last few years.

You can sell in this site's for sale section if you purchase freedom membership which is available in the shop. It's £12 for a year of your can get a month's membership for I think £4.

Values on mk1 vrs Octavia seem to be around 800 for a rough one to around 2000 for a really nice one. I see a lot around the 1200 mark.

If you're on Facebook, the marketplace selling tool on there is quite good. It's free to advertise and reaches a lot of people but you just have to ready for the onslaught of "what is last price, boss?" questions.

2 hours ago, STSKODA said:

Looking to sell my mk1 05 vrs.

This is not an advert.

Just wondering how other managed to advertise and sell a relatively old car which is desirable to some.

Also any idea of values? Black, 123k, reasonable condition, had most major items serviced/replaced in last few years.

I recently sold my Fabia VRS on Briskoda. It cost the grand sum of £12 for Freedom membership but the added bonus is that you have a target audience who are Skoda brand enthusiasts. I was pleased to sell my car to someone who clearly was intending to care for it.

Good luck.

Edited by kevberlin

Exactly what I'm looking for but I am in Surrey!

If anyone knows of a decent vRs MK1, standard or with tasteful mods, please contact me 

Guest excoppernob
15 hours ago, phazed said:

If anyone knows of a decent vRs MK1, standard or with tasteful mods, please contact me 

Guest excoppernob

I've just posted advert for sale of my 2001Octavia RS 59K miles, excellent condition, one owner/driver.

please 'phone 0208 642 7796.  (Cheam)

Ditto but looking for sellers in North/North East. 

3 hours ago, excoppernob said:

Been there, seen and bought it.

Thank you Margaret. A beauty that I will look after!

I give you, the internet, what a fantastic tool!

56 minutes ago, phazed said:

Been there, seen and bought it.

Thank you Margaret. A beauty that I will look after!

I give you, the internet, what a fantastic tool!

Envious, but pleased for you (and the vRS!) :envy:

I was just about to ring.  I give you the stuckinanofficenet - fantastic way to  miss super offers! :wondering:

Gaz

20 minutes ago, V6TDI said:

Envious, but pleased for you (and the vRS!) :envy:

I was just about to ring.  I give you the stuckinanofficenet - fantastic way to  miss super offers! :wondering:

Gaz

7C38A9F2-35B6-44DE-822D-9B221D2EE9DB.jpeg

• Like 2

One owner, 58k, full Skoda SH. Contact3s fitted, garage kept, spotless.

:) bunny.

Fancy making some quick profit on it? :) . (serious question!)

Lovely car, well done. I was wanting to drive the 300 miles to see this but just wanted some further info beforehand, as it's not often something is too good to be true! 

Edited by penguin17

• 6 months later...

Looks fantastic! I was put off from getting a silver one before I bought mine but probably because none looked as good as yours! :D

I'm envious of how dark your plastic trim pieces are. No matter how much back to black I use (probably not the right stuff to be honest) I just cannot get them looking even remotely fresh for more than a day at a time. :wondering:

Don't laugh at this, but try some smooth peanut butter on a piece of clean old cloth, work it right in and let it settle for about 30 mins then buff it up with a microfibre cloth.

You will be really suprised how much the oils in the peanut butter restore the plastic. I do my Vrs about once a year unless the weather is very adverse, then I might just top it up.

Hope it helps.

Edited by kentphil1
  • Like 1

Sunpat or Tesco?

I actually bought some "revive" stuff to put on the black bumper trims but haven't got round to doing it yet. Probably slightly easier to explain to the neighbours than peanut butter, although it was quite a lot more expensive!

I've tried all the sensible price trim revive stuff, which lasts about 14 days and starts to fade again.

I saw peanut butter mentioned over on detailingworld and thought it was a wind up at first, but thought as I had nothing to lose it was worth a go. It is in my permanent cleaning arsenal now.

You just need to work it in more on the first application, once the oils are present again in the plastic, you can just do a quick pass every 6 or so months.

• Like 1