Unknown warning signal

I bought a new Fabia TSI 1.0 SE in May.. Today, as I was driving, a warning symbol appeared on the dash accompanied by an audio ding.. It only lasted a few seconds, disappeared as I changed gear.. I looked in the manual to find out what it meant but the symbol is not there.. I can only describe it as similar to the stability/traction control, except the curvy lines were displayed all round the car (as if it was driving through an earthquake!!).. Any ideas what this is?

The symbol I got wasn't the same as the one you've posted.. It was like the traction control but shown all around the car, not just below it.. Thanks for the reply, though.

My superb does this occasionally if something blows into the road ahead as well as for 'genuine' reasons.

@Veed That thread explains lots about the Front Assist system- I should have said to read it, not that it was just the images in the automatic linking thingy!

It may not be on page 122 but it will be in the manual somewhere. Look in the 'Driving' and/or 'Assist Systems' sections.

Just in case I am attaching a picture of page 122.125358620_FrontAssist.png.c66b8a69ae13a192dbe2474181317ea9.png

Edited by wiganken1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, vc-10 said:

@Veed That thread explains lots about the Front Assist system- I should have said to read it, not that it was just the images in the automatic linking thingy!

That was a topic I created over a year ago.

The 'too close' warning has actually helped me to change my driving style and I rarely see it these days.

Edited by RickW

On 25/07/2018 at 12:10, RickW said:

That was a topic I created over a year ago.

The 'too close' warning has actually helped me to change my driving style and I rarely see it these days.

Same here, I think of it as a “YOU MIGHT GET A STONE CHIP” warning, so I backnoff much more than I ever used to.

• Haha 1