Android Auto Music Front Speakers Only

when i use spotify through android auto, if the audio fader in the settings is set at the centre position the music is distinctly front biased with very little coming out from the rear speakers . To fix it i need to go into the audio settings and shift the fader at least 3/4 of the way to the rear which then makes it all quite quiet and the volume needs cranked up

using my phone to play the same music on bluetooth, or using the Radio/CD/SD card and it all works fine with no fettling of the fader settings.

Any ideas?   We've got a 2017 L&K with the Canton speaker setup.

There is a Canton setting in the sound menu to set listening up for Driver, Front or All. If set to Driver or Front there will not be much coming from the rear speakers. This is actually how it should be with the sound stage in front of you. However, if you prefer more sound from the rear speakers make sure the setting is on 'All'.

16 hours ago, ILOVEMYSUPERB said:

when i use spotify through android auto, if the audio fader in the settings is set at the centre position the music is distinctly front biased with very little coming out from the rear speakers . To fix it i need to go into the audio settings and shift the fader at least 3/4 of the way to the rear which then makes it all quite quiet and the volume needs cranked up

using my phone to play the same music on bluetooth, or using the Radio/CD/SD card and it all works fine with no fettling of the fader settings.

What phone are you using?

I've got no such issues playing music via AA on my Columbus/Canton.

U mentioned u don't get the same thing when playing from other music sources, like USB, or HDD, or Radio, or even the phone via BT!  That being the case, I would uninstall and reinstall AA on ur phone.  See if that makes any difference.

AA only supports 2-Channel PCM audio. So I cannot think how this can affect the front/rear balance. But, I would try and test with another Android device.

My phone is extremely quiet over AA, keep meaning to borrow someone elses phone to check it is something the handset is doing.

• 4 months later...
On 25/07/2018 at 17:26, ILOVEMYSUPERB said:

Did you ever manage to find a solution for this problem? I have the same issue. The sound is playing through the front speakers only and misses a lot of depth and bass.

The problem is all over the internet but it looks like it depends on a lot of different things. I have a Oneplus 5 but I've seen people with other devices and other cars with the same problem.

4 minutes ago, ljo13 said:

Did you ever manage to find a solution for this problem? I have the same issue. The sound is playing through the front speakers only and misses a lot of depth and bass.

The problem is all over the internet but it looks like it depends on a lot of different things. I have a Oneplus 5 but I've seen people with other devices and other cars with the same problem.

Nope, I'm on a huawei p8 and I just now use Spotify through Bluetooth. Not great but it works.