Facelift Fabia VRS

I know that the 2004 facelift of the whole Fabia range was very subtle. However I think the changes to the Vrs were even smaller. As far as I can see (although I'm no expert!) the only change was too the rear light cluster. Am I correct? Does anybody know what other changes, if any, were made.

I'm wondering whether when considering buying one there is any benefit (other than the being able to say it's the facelift model) in having the facelift one.

Thanks

my march 04 car has 3 flash indicators , which is before the facelift ,and i thought when i picked the car up the indicators were faulty because i didn't realise thats what they did , doh .

There have been a number of 'improvement' or changes to the vRS since it was released such as the change in gear ratios, wipers that swipe 4 times have a pause then do 1 additional sweep (06 models I believe) and indicators but interms of facelift it was pretty much the rear light clusters, no door pins in the rear, funny dash material (as mentioned) and the ASR/ESP light on the dash changed as well (from a triangle in a circle to a car with skid marks behind).

Also there was a price change when the facelift came out +£300 I think!

3rd 2 point rear seat belt was added too and the grill was slightly changed. Car had just been launched though so changes were minor.

But look at the furby - skoda have improved it continuously - adding an electronic tailgate switch, upgrading the radio to a radio/cd, adding ABS to all models. 03 models were not the same as W/X Reg ones. That is one good thing Skoda do.

I've also heard that the back doors used to have electric windows, but don't now. That might have only been an optional extra, though...

Electric rear windows were only available on the Elegance trim models up until 2002 IIRC. They were then dropped from standard fit and options list in the UK. Can't really understand why, other than to cut costs?

Chris

mid 2006 facelift will be....................painted door handles - now that is a major facelift!

Is that defo it?? If i were to order a vRS in June for delivery on 1st Sept would i get this facelift?? ;)

Is that defo it?? If i were to order a vRS in June for delivery on 1st Sept would i get this facelift?? ;)

week 22 build onwards, I think, so yeah. Sept 1st should have them. Although you may get a better deal if there are some left with black handles

Cool, cheers Ant. :cool: Am i correct in thinking you are a Skoda salesman in the Northwest?? Which dealer?

good detective work Neily, Simpsons in Colne, hope I've not legged myself into a load of 'old spec' Fabias even before the new ones out!!!!!

good detective work Neily, Simpsons in Colne, hope I've not legged myself into a load of 'old spec' Fabias even before the new ones out!!!!!

I've added you to my list of dealers to visit in May. Hope you can do me a good deal. ;)

• 1 month later...
mid 2006 facelift will be....................painted door handles - now that is a major facelift!

Any update on this Ant? Is it defo just painted door handles? ;)