Breaks

Hi sorry to bother people.I purchased a 2005 fabia vrs around ten mounths ago and its sat in my garage at the moment.The car currently has 312 mm × 25 mm discs on the front and the standard discs are 288mm × 25 mm,i would like to keep the 312 mm discs on but am looking to upgrade.Now ive seen a set on VAGBREMTECHNIC at 312 mm × 25 mm,my question is if i brought the discs,what pads would work best and would that would fit with the factory calipers i have on.

All you really need is decent road pads and discs, if you're mainly road use with no track use. Brembo do good discs and Brembo/Pagid are good brake pads for standard use. DS2500 are great pads when warm but are expensive however not so good when cold, it all depends on how much you want to spend. I personally don't like the red, green etc. pads that you can get as their has been some horror stories on those. I'm sure another member will be on soon enough to recommend some other better performance pads. 

As above depends what you want to do? I use mine for fast road and use brembo discs and pads and I can’t fault them! Depends how deep your pockets are also Ate are good and have carbon ceramic pads that are great for fast road and track applications

Well the discs are about £175 and im looking to spend between £60 to £100 on pads.I was looking to get the pads from euro car parts but dont know wich ones to get for the side of disc.What is the difference between DS2500 and the DS3000 ?.

From what I believe the higher the number the harder the compound of the friction material is, I looked across the range and went for the best all rounder! 

1 hour ago, Craig_84 said:

Hi sorry to bother people.I purchased a 2005 fabia vrs around ten mounths ago and its sat in my garage at the moment.The car currently has 312 mm × 25 mm discs on the front and the standard discs are 288mm × 25 mm,i would like to keep the 312 mm discs on but am looking to upgrade.Now ive seen a set on VAGBREMTECHNIC at 312 mm × 25 mm,my question is if i brought the discs,what pads would work best and would that would fit with the factory calipers i have on.

You already have enough braking power to tear your eyeballs from your face, the only realistic upgrade would the four pot calipers fitted to some SEAT hot hatches, if you fit harder pads they'll just eat your discs, if you fit drilled or grooved discs they'll just eat your pads, it's a trade-off and you simply won't gain much more braking power unless you're in the habit of braking hard from 100 mph plus, this is the only reason properly fast cars use such huge discs and multi-piston calipers. You don't need more.

i have to stand on them to get them to work in the dry and as for the wet i my as well put my foot out the door to stop the thing.

Sounds like you have poor quality pads fitted. I had greenstuff pads on my seven for a couple of years and got used to the brakes. Then fitted Mintex M1144 for a trackday. Took all of 200yards to realise they were like night and day ten times better, even from cold. Didn't need bigger discs, just decent pads.

14 hours ago, Craig_84 said:

I see what your saying but the problem is i have to stand on them to get them to work in the dry and as for the wet i my as well put my foot out the door to stop the thing.

That's not right, check you don't have a vacuum leak between the pump and the servo, get the brakes working properly before you consider making changes, fit some quality branded pads if they're still not up to snuff.