Problems Updating Octavia Sat Nav

I have a 2015 Skoda Octavia and have owned an Octavia for 10 years. Trying to update the Sat Nav is driving me mad. I have used the Skoda portal and my vehicle's VIN to identify the correct sat nav. Following my local dealer's instructions I bought a new 32GB SD card. I checked the way the existing card is formatted and found the new card to be the same. I downloaded the supposedly appropriate Amundsen files and then using 7zip unzipped them onto the new SD card. However although the file structure looks correct the sat nav refuses to recognise the new card. I have seen on the net that some people claim you have to use an original Skoda SD card because there are some hidden files on it making it specific to your vehicle but I was not told this by my dealer who merely said to keep the original SD card as a back up in case antything went wrong--at least that recommendation was right. Can anyone help?

DaveG02

Hi,

Rustynuts is correct - you must have the original Skoda SD card for the Sat Nav to work. However, my advice for what it's worth - having fallen into the trap just after I bought the car (MY 2015 Scout), is to copy all of the files with their directories on your original SD card to a safe place on your PC hard drive as a back up. Delete all the files and directories on the SD card and then extract the new files from the downloaded zip file directly onto the now empty SD card.

The reason I say do it this way is that when extracting files, there are temporary files created on the target media that are then deleted and the current Sat Nav files update will only just fit onto the SD card. If there are any old files on there taking up available space the extraction will not complete properly and the Sat Nav will not load the new database from the SD card.

Good luck.

• Like 1