Removable Boot light/Torch

Folks,

The removable boot light/torch does not appear to switch on when it is removed from the holder. Works fine when placed in the boot holder but when taken out it does not switch on (yes I am pushing the button) :)

Any ideas? 

Also, should a small first aid kit be supplied? I am sure i read somewhere about this being included but for the life of me I cant find where i read that.

• Like 1

In "handheld"mode its the 2 little LEDs on the end that light up, not the square panel it uses in "docked" mode.

1432970219_Untitled2.png.3fe76318c04c9b2d8108c0cad9bd8e50.png

I did not get a first aid kit in mine (i think you get one in mainland Europe ,but not in UK?)

Edited by gojoholo

3 hours ago, TheWildHaggis said:

Any ideas? 

Also, should a small first aid kit be supplied?

Have you pulled the little plastic tab out (same thing as you get in toys with batteries pre-installed)?

And no first aid kit as standard - it's an option along with the warning triangle which sits in the recess below the boot lip.

IIH, IKEA do a fairly comprehensive First Aid Kit for a reasonable price. And a 1kg Dry Powder Extinguisher, if you're so inclined.

If the rear side recesses in the Kodiaq are comparable to those in a MKII Octy Scout, they'll both fit easily in one of them. 

• 1 month later...

Good shout about the first aid kit from IKEA and the dry powder extinguisher too.

I actually used the little torch yesterday as I ran out of daylight halfway through hovering the car... Worked a treat :)

The torch is useful however mine did not work when I finally went to use it. Lit up in situ but not when taken out. I took the batteries out to have a look and managed to split the case. Really annoying. The batteries in mine appeared not to charge. I decided to purchased another one on ebay, plugged it is and it works fine. So my only advice is if you open it up be gentle.

• 1 month later...