Passenger seat belt alarm?

I have a 2017 Octavia Mk 3, and since the day I took delivery, a year ago, there is no warning alarm if the front passenger does not wear the seat belt. It went for it's first service today, and the service guys say that Octavias do not have an alarm for front passenger seat belt at all.  True?

I am worried that if there is a seat weight sensor that is not working, the airbag might not deploy in a crash.

I rented an Octavia in Croatia, and I think [not sure], that there was a passenger seat belt warning?

There are two points in the OP question.

As mentioned, all 5 seat belts should have monitoring. I doubt India would be different but it is possible.

The second point is the SRS (Seat Belt pre-tensioner and Air Bag deployment) - I would doubt very much if the Seat Occupancy Sensor and Seat Belt Fastened Sensor are linked into the SRS. You need highly reliable devices in these instances and the very nature of the Seat Occupancy Sensor installation doesn't generally give you the Performance Levels required for a Safety System.

I know some cars have variable deployment rate airbags in the Front to detect the Occupant Position and reduces the deployment rate of the airbags  if they are leaning forward.

Could it be that the Front Passenger Airbag Switch is set to OFF and this has disabled the Occupant Sensing?

Could it be that the Front Passenger Airbag Switch is set to OFF and this has disabled the Occupant Sensing?

Well thought out KevC. Might be the case here?

20 hours ago, gregoir said:

Could it be that the Front Passenger Airbag Switch is set to OFF and this has disabled the Occupant Sensing?

Well thought out KevC. Might be the case here?

Wouldn't there be a warning light on if that was the case?