Driver Side Door Lock Works Only Sometimes

pavan_h

Hi Members,

I own Skoda Laura MK2's Indian version which is Skoda Laura.

I am facing some unique problem, not sure what it is- the driver side door lock works only sometimes. I have to pull the latch like multiple times, then it engages and the door opens. It's same from inside and outside. Thr central lock from remote key works fine. Rest of the other doors also work completely fine. What can be the issue? Its giving me lot of troubles now as in emergency I have to get out of passenger door which is really awkward and uncomfortable for a 6 feet tall guy like me.

Sounds like its the main door lock mechanism if its a mechanical fault, whats your car based on as we dont have the Laura overhere ?

Before anything else, please check the cables inside the A-pillar's bellow (the black pastic tube-like cover) as they might be worn or broken. Many problems starts from that bellow.

@KenONeill @sparky2 @stratosg The car driver door lock works with key better than remote right now. So, I am using the key. Strange thing is that I have to turn the key twice in the lock to unlock. Probably, some mechanism related to remote key at driver's door has went bad. I will check it at my mechanic's garage soon. Also, I have deactivated the setting of auto door lock as of now so that I am not stuck inside. It is working fine as of now also kind of like a bypass. Any idea how to open the boot from inside? I am not finding any button for same. While going office,there is a security check at entrance daily to check the boot and I have to turn off thr car and get out and open the boot with the key. Thanks!