Horton Skoda Lincoln

TheGrayMonk

Does anyone have experience of this dealership. I've been offered what looks to me a decent price on a 1.5 SE L with some extra options via CarWow but the Dealership is some way from me 100 miles + . Given the difficulties with wait times for The Karoq, having to deal with someone that far away is another complication I could do without. Still not clear to me whether to order everything I want and wait months or see what might become available this month as well. 

Any thoughts on this welcomed.

I drove from Glasgow down to them to pick up my car via a broker. 

They kept me waiting for nearly an hour as the salesman I was dealing with was with a customer. Except he wasn't, he was in another part of the Dealership waiting on me. 

Got home only to discover a piece of broken plastic trim hidden in amongst the boot nets hidden in a storage compartment. And the DMF was shot. Both of which should have been picked up during the PDI. 

Hi I too had a great quote from them (Horton) and very nearly placed an order, if it was not for the dealer local to me asking why I was not ordering from them and a subsequent discussion where they issued a matching offer I would have gone ahead with Horton.

In hindsight I am glad I went local as easier to deal with pickup and handover as well as any glitches that might occur.

Mind you the local dealer has lost a bit of shine as they have had it on their site for nearly a week before getting the pdi sorted. Hopefully I get it at 4pm tomorrow... (Finally)

getting my new kodiaq with hortons through carwow  Paul knows his stuff and ive sent him a email twice this week and got a reply within the hour.

I have had 10 Octavias from Hortons never any problems and always a good deal. Have now got an order for a Karoq again dood deal awaiting delivery

First class dealer  Hope this helps

I bought from a dealer 44 miles away (on price alone) but never went back, and since used 2 franchised dealers who are both about 26 miles away.

The one of them I used first, and I've only dealt with that once for service, is Hortons Lincoln. The other one I've returned to frequently for all subsequent servicing, and 2 brand new car purchases isn't. (it's Westgate, now DM Keith)

Having said that, why not buy from them if they are cheapest; there's no need to ever return, just like I never went back to Pentagon.

Edited by camelspyyder

Always been good for me. Keith Lloyd, in particular, is a good guy. And the coffee's good.....not quite as good as that at the almost-next door Toyota/Lexus dealer, but that's another story. Only wish Skoda would get onboard with Hybrids.