MY19 petrol - no price available yet?

I'm thinking of trading my beloved 2012 diesel Superb for a petrol Kodiaq.  

However, the UK Skoda online configurator still shows MY18.  

Online brokers/discount websites such as DTD, Carwow, whatcar either showing MY18, or only has diesel options (DTD).   Only Coast2Coast is showing MY2019 configurations (L&K, digital cluster etc.). 

I heard rumours that due to WLTP, the petrol versions are still waiting for the final OTR price tag, and dealers are refusing to place orders.  

Anyone has got any updates from dealers?  My local dealer contact seems on holiday at the moment....

I've had more success asking Skoda UK directly, rather than my local dealer. Skoda will insist you liaise directly with their dealer network, but when pushed they will eventually give you what you need.

I use their online chat function, much quicker / more reliable than waiting for non-committal call backs or emails...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Capture.thumb.JPG.25702bc736eafd911aaad07bda8f54fa.JPG

Good luck.

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

I've had more success asking Skoda UK directly, rather than my local dealer. Skoda will insist you liaise directly with their dealer network, but when pushed they will eventually give you what you need.

I use their online chat function, much quicker / more reliable than waiting for non-committal call backs or emails...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us

Good luck.

Here we go - "update soon"

I have no idea where are those prices from Coast2Coast coming from...  For example, the digital cluster for £500. 

1533551519367.jpg

Hmm, seems the dealers are in the hands of Skoda UK and Skoda UK are in the hands of Skoda Auto / the manufacturing plants.

Unfortunately they've been rolling out the 'coming soon' line for a good few months now. Pretty poor really.

The WLTP changes seem to have had a significant impact on VAG, more than any other manufacturer. Let's hope they catch-up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an update from our local dealer - no official MY2019 price list yet... 

I guess DTD (diesel only) and coast2coast etc. may have got a provisional price list from somewhere...

I think this is all down to WLTP delays... 

My employer has been waiting since the start of July for a quote from a contract hire company for a 1.5 SE-L...still no update as they can't get pricing out of Skoda...I hope it's worth the wait...

I know you chaps and chapesses with Kodiaq's are sitting pretty right now but it's the first time in my driving history that I can't order what I want within a reasonable time frame...I've told one dealer to just forget my enquiry so the franchise network must be suffering too...

I'm not in a hurry.  Apparently most car manufacturers are suffering different levels of delays.  

But if this continues into Sept/Oct, my current order of preference: 1. Kodiaq 2.0TSI SEL --> 2. XC90 T5 --> 3. Sorento diesel KX-2 might need to be reviewed... 

2 hours ago, redbuta said:

1. Kodiaq 2.0TSI SEL --> 2. XC90 T5 --> 3. Sorento diesel KX-2

I know you can usually get pretty good discounts on Volvos, but you seem to have a £50k car in that list with two £30k(ish) cars.

17 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

I know you can usually get pretty good discounts on Volvos, but you seem to have a £50k car in that list with two £30k(ish) cars.

I agree there is huge price difference: 

The SEL 2.0TSI + options e.g. driver assist, rear camera, digital cluster, front sensor, crew protection etc. will be around 32k after discount

The XC90 T5 momentum will have all of these + nicer seats, will be around 46k after discount

The Sorento KX-2 doesn't provide desirables e.g. digital cluster (only a 7" round one), petrol engine, least fun during test drive, come at 29K after discount

XC90 will also be taxed much more.  The first 5-year service pack is reasonable @£599, but parts and liquids will be more expensive. 

Overall 7-8 year ownership (me typical) will cost roughly 20k more than the Kodiaq, and residue maybe 5k more at the end? 

Just thinking this might be my last internal combustion engined car, might be ok to spread 15k extra over 8 years? 

But Kodiaq is still my top choice at the moment.  

Edited by redbuta

Who on earth is going to order a factory build and pay a deposit without knowing the price?

I really hope this is hurting VAG financially, if for no other reason than to ensure lessons are learnt.

I don't think they really care Silver. I was given the BS that dealers are taking orders on the basis of MY18 spec and prices and they can do this because they are FSA regulated (WTF?). You can imagine SUK Customer Services giving each other a high five and points for the most lame excuse given to a potential customer. They are all having a good laugh...

My issue is what else is out there for the price and spec?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Falkster said:

Not really in the same league but Peugeot 3008 or 5008 is tempting...

Unfortunately there are virtually no petrol engined 3008 or 5008 available, I was originally looking at a 3008 to lease but currently only diesel and then only the lower powered ones are showing.

Like some else mentioned earlier Volvo are doing some good deals, I managed to pick up a XC60 T5 Momentum AWD for a cheaper lease cost than I was quoted for a Karoq 1.5TSI Edition DSG when I had my order cancelled back in July.

After the 1.6T petrol's removal from the 5008 line, I didn't even bother to do a test drive on it.  

The 5008 is a very practical MPV-SUV (although torsion bar and no 4x4) with great standard technologies and an exterior I like very much. 

But 1.2T is not powerful enough even for the 3008 many of my colleagues have bought!  They all complained about lacking pace in the city and on A-roads (motorway cruising seems good).  

What we often forget is that here in the UK we've always enjoyed relatively short lead-times compared to our European neighbours, for some reason we've always managed to get build slot preference.

One thing we can be sure of is that the production lines won't be quiet, they'll be building and stockpiling those cars not affected by WLTP. As long as the lines are running at capacity and there are back orders Skoda Auto can't lose.

The Skoda UK arm of the Skoda Auto empire might drop a few places in the global sales ranking but that won't bother the shareholders if the rest of the business continues to grow.

As alluded to already Skoda have hit the sweet spot with the petrol Kodiaq. Until recently they enjoyed an almost exclusive play in the small engine petrol 7-seat SUV market.

Those that have been given delivery dates of next year, I'd be tempted to have a word with your local SEAT dealer. Production of the Tarraco is expected to start in the autumn, there's every chance you'll get one on your drive earlier than a WLTP-affected Kodiaq.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Offski said:

That is what happens when a motor manufacturer gets to be the 2nd biggest in the world and had so many Irregular / Implausible test results on so many engines / drivetrains vehicles and then need to get their act together and turn out vehicles that are under close scrutiny.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/451121-euro-6d-temp 

The ADAC link does not look good for VAG and Toyota! 

Was told back in May by Skoda salesman that no petrol orders until November.

http://inside.volkswagen.com/New-WLTP-Test-the-challenges.html

An Arteon is tested on a roller dynamometer in Wolfsburg. The test vehicle is rolled in and secured before the start of the new, 30-minute WLTP driving cycle. Currently the test is in full swing in Hall 79 in Technical Development – in three shifts on 21 dynamometers, almost around the clock.

Edited by xman