MY19 petrol - no price available yet?

My employer has been told today by a lease provider that the order book for the 1.5 petrol SE-L won't be open for 6 weeks with a further 23 weeks until delivery. The 23 weeks could possibly be reduced. I was categorically told that Skoda were not taking any orders in the meantime.

9 hours ago, Falkster said:

My employer has been told today by a lease provider that the order book for the 1.5 petrol SE-L won't be open for 6 weeks with a further 23 weeks until delivery. The 23 weeks could possibly be reduced. I was categorically told that Skoda were not taking any orders in the meantime.

So basically the first batch of "real" petrol MY2019 (you can include extras like "digital cluster") will be delivered after 29 weeks from now - 22nd March 2019.  

This might trigger more complexity during Brexit period...

I don’t get why they aren’t taking orders. I ordered a 2.0 petrol back in July. I’ve been told it will be a MY19 and been told it will be built week 39 which is believe is last week in September. They said it should be delivered by end of October. 

Do you think they are catching up on backlog or perhaps trying not to create a backlog if there are delays with WLTP sign off? 

Hoping the dealership are being honest about timeframes!

49 minutes ago, Kingly2 said:

I don’t get why they aren’t taking orders. I ordered a 2.0 petrol back in July. I’ve been told it will be a MY19 and been told it will be built week 39 which is believe is last week in September. They said it should be delivered by end of October. 

Do you think they are catching up on backlog or perhaps trying not to create a backlog if there are delays with WLTP sign off? 

Hoping the dealership are being honest about timeframes!

Did they mention the price might be changed subject to WLTP, and if so you could get full deposit back should you feel unhappy to proceed? 

BTW, my dealer promised to give me a call W/C 17th Sept for update.  

36 minutes ago, redbuta said:

Did they mention the price might be changed subject to WLTP, and if so you could get full deposit back should you feel unhappy to proceed? 

BTW, my dealer promised to give me a call W/C 17th Sept for update.  

No nothing has been mentioned about a possible change to the price!

On 21/08/2018 at 22:58, Raymondo111 said:

Unfortunately there are virtually no petrol engined 3008 or 5008 available, I was originally looking at a 3008 to lease but currently only diesel and then only the lower powered ones are showing.

Like some else mentioned earlier Volvo are doing some good deals, I managed to pick up a XC60 T5 Momentum AWD for a cheaper lease cost than I was quoted for a Karoq 1.5TSI Edition DSG when I had my order cancelled back in July.

Can you point me to where you got your XC60 please? I am now considering one as I can't wait anymore on Skoda. I like the XC60 T5 momentum as well

On 03/09/2018 at 09:22, Kingly2 said:

I will definitely be insisting on paying the agreed price!! 

Be sure to check the terms and conditions of your deposit, sometimes they're sneaky and cover themselves for price increases between ordering and delivering.

Oh, so no mention of what would happen if you decided to walk away?

I wonder how many sales VAG are losing because of their complete lack of communication on WLTP and MY19 pricing and availability?

2 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I wonder how many sales VAG are losing because of their complete lack of communication on WLTP and MY19 pricing and availability?

I was told a large dealership usually have 400 orders at this time of year, currently they have 46 and can fulfill 4. Not sure if these figures are VAG or just Skoda...Ive given up asking SUK for updates..

• Like 1

I will most likely sign the contract tomorrow on a fully loaded Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TSI 190hp which could get built in week 40 - however when its done it has to wait there for a few weeks due to this WLTP thingy. But I will get it in November / December.

1 hour ago, BGB said:

I will most likely sign the contract tomorrow on a fully loaded Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TSI 190hp which could get built in week 40 - however when its done it has to wait there for a few weeks due to this WLTP thingy. But I will get it in November / December.

How do you know how much it will cost, dealers don't yet have the MY19 prices? Or is it that Skoda Norway are doing a better job than Skoda UK (not hard!)?

24 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

How do you know how much it will cost, dealers don't yet have the MY19 prices? Or is it that Skoda Norway are doing a better job than Skoda UK (not hard!)?

The prices are now available in Norway yes.

Edited by BGB
  • Like 1

The base price (Sportline 2.0TSI 190hp) from factory is 29 175£.

And as I am fortunate to live in Norway the taxes on the car is 23 833£ and the total with Norwegian plates fully loaded are 59 662£ WITH discounts.

Is that a 2.0 TSI 190PS?

Assuming the picture above is from the dealers showroom then that is at least one model that has passed WLTP!

Or are you saying the dealer can't let you have it until it's passed?

Seems strange Skoda would be allowed to let configurations that haven't passed leave the factory gates.