Citigo Electric

Ronn

On 22/11/2019 at 09:56, thebrighton said:

Yep, everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it's different to mine I will block you so I can't be offended.

EV's are the future but we're not there yet and VW are pulling the wool over people eyes by introducing a 'new' range of EV city cars in the body of a 7 year old model and charging a premium well beyond the petrol version. VW execs are probably right now sitting in an office chuckling to themselves. They've introduced a 'new' car at comparatively little expense in order to jump on the green bandwagon and have plucked a price out of the air knowing my taxes will help bring the price down for their loyal customers.

All those that don't like the cold, hard truth feel free to block me and I hope you enjoy your overpriced, out of date car that I've helped pay for.

The new Toyota Yaris Hybrid comes out next year. 

Wow, it looks fantastic. 

Toyota aren't doing things on the cheap like VW with the Citigo. 

The new Yaris looks terrific with its New Styling and its full of the latest auto technology. 

No smart phone Docking Station in the Yaris for your SatNav requirements.

You get a proper working inbuilt SatNav. 

7 hours ago, Ronn said:

No smart phone Docking Station in the Yaris for your SatNav requirements.

You get a proper working inbuilt SatNav. 

As Škoda charge for Connect after the first year, I’d suggest that Android Auto and CarPlay are probably a better way of having real time traffic information. Maybe not quite as integrated as having something like Maxidot (is that available on the Citigo?) but still good nonetheless.

Edited by john999boy
Typo

On the Mii, it comes with a 10 year subscription to the SEAT version of Connect. I have not found details of what Skoda and VW will offer, but likely to be similar. 

But Ronn is right, it's a crappy solution on a £20k+ car. Fine at the price point of the outgoing petrol car....

The EV Citigo will only appeal to brand loyal VW/Skoda customers & Pensioners. 

Other car manufacturers are about to excite us with their new offerings next year. 

I've already 'eyed up' the brand new Hyundai i10 & brand new Toyota Yaris Hybrid for my wife next year to replace her 3yr old Citigo SE L Green tech. 

The launch of the re-engined Citigo with an Electric Motor & Battery doesnt cut the mustard with me. 

My 1st EV purchase (when it occurs) will have to offer far more than an old platform Citigo with no built in SatNav that will cost me £18,000+

@peter3197

The comments after that article hit the nail on the head.

It takes all points of view.  Do Turkeys vote for Christmas?

Does he advise the German Chancellor?   Where was he when Bosch & VW were conspiring to have defeat devices in vehicles?

What is his opinion on the Billions that VW Group pay out in fines and penalties, and the loss to investors?

All the money VW / Audi invested in Hungary & South America on Diesel Hybrid Engine Plants and then they were caught pretty.

Still there are Germans in Industry and Science trying to sell Diesel engines as the clean future.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Werner_Sinn

Germany is poor in natural resources, burns brown coal, is not allowed much in the way of nuclear generation and imports it's Gas, Oil across countries that Russia can have it turned off in very easily, & imports Electricity and farms out Car Manufacturing to countries with electricity and cheap labour. So for Germany Electric Vehicles where not something they were bothering with really until VW messed it all up for BMW, Daimler Benz and themselves.

This is why Germany and particularly VW is decades behind other manufacturers.

Germany has been blocking Cleaner Technology and low polluting vehicles and allowing their biggest Manufacturers and bringers of Cash Money to get away with cheating, lying and taking grants to produce greener transportation.   They still are.

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 08.50.34.png

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, peter3197 said:

Extremely enlightening Peter. 

I've already decide the next car for my wife & it won't be an EV & certainly not a Citigo EV. 

EV's are some years, away from being a practical alternative to the Internal Petrol Engine. 

Beggest stumbling blocks are Poor Range & Price. 

EVs will remain a motoring curiosity for some years yet. 

When we trade in my Wife's 3yr old Citigo next year it will be for the Brand New Hyundai i10 1ltr 3 pot petrol.

I might even wait a bit longer for the i10 1ltr 3 pot with a Turbo. 

😋

The i10 1ltr 3 pot is approx half the price of the EV Citigo! 

But I will be getting a new car with new dynamics and loads of the latest technology, instead of an old car with very few driver aids & a shoehorned electric motor in it! 

😁

Decided not to hang about waiting for Citigoe spec details. 

I have ordered one of the 300 special edition Seat Mii electric. Added extra boot floor/passenger seat height adjust (£50) and 4th year warranty (£138). Taking the finance - this gives £500 deposit contribution. Deal is £4400 deposit and monthly payments of £199 (48 months and 10000 miles pa). 
1st edition gives useful extras - a Pod Point home charger, 3 yr servicing, 3 yrs roadside assistance and an extra charger. Delivery Feb/March. 
Video reviews are excellent so just went for it! It is a second car for us so it will reduce wear and tear on our T-Cross which we’ll use for longer trips/holidays. 

• Like 3

On 26/11/2019 at 10:32, Ronn said:

Extremely enlightening Peter. 

I've already decide the next car for my wife & it won't be an EV & certainly not a Citigo EV. 

EV's are some years, away from being a practical alternative to the Internal Petrol Engine. 

Beggest stumbling blocks are Poor Range & Price. 

EVs will remain a motoring curiosity for some years yet. 

When we trade in my Wife's 3yr old Citigo next year it will be for the Brand New Hyundai i10 1ltr 3 pot petrol.

I might even wait a bit longer for the i10 1ltr 3 pot with a Turbo. 

😋

The i10 1ltr 3 pot is approx half the price of the EV Citigo! 

But I will be getting a new car with new dynamics and loads of the latest technology, instead of an old car with very few driver aids & a shoehorned electric motor in it! 

😁

https://youtu.be/9U9tYvXL5v0

This looks a useful piece of kit!
Renault appear to be the leaders in EV City Cars.
Compare it with the new EV Skoda Citigo due to be available from Feb 2020.
It's got the same dated body shell as the existing Citigo, costs £18,000 + (after Gov allowance) & only does a pitiful 168 miles (max) between charges.

• Like 1

Good that there are choices of EV's, and that @Ronn can chose to not even go for an EV and just stick with a petrol or diesel and get cars cheaper,

or for the same or more money.

Long may that continue, or at least for maybe another generation to be born.

Renault are doing well with what they are building.  If they let Dacia put out EV's that might get the price point right.

I do wish that they had the Dipped Beam and front and rear sidelights come on all the time as those that drive them do seem to think DRL's are all that is needed unless it is fully dark.

Edited by Roottootemoot

By the way, all EVs lose approx A THIRD of their range in the Winter. 

Manufactures don't like to mention this do they! 😉

So you new Electric Citigo goes from 168 miles in the summer down to approx 100/110 miles on a full charge in the winter. That's pathetic for a brand new EV costing you £18000+ new to the market, becoming available from next year. 

Laughable isn't it! 

• Confused 2

@Ronn

This is not something kept secret by manufactures. In fact this is something talked extremely much about in «real» winter countries pushing extreme colds (-20/-30).

I work at an official dealer and we always talk about worst-case-scenario range when selling cars.

• Like 2

@Ronn    You are full of generalisations it seems.  You must be talking about 'much coldness' rather than a whole season.

An Australian Winter in the north or south, or in Devon or Highland Region winters and Norwegian winters can not all have the same affect on range does it, 

or a nice mild winter day in the North of the UK and maybe a cooler one down south.

Does it make much difference to anyone using a city car around cities as long as the range is all they require or more than they require and the car can be on charge until required, heating ready to go?

Twice the price of the Citigo electric, not twice the size or range. Crazy pricing even compared to it's sister cars.

Edited by Roottootemoot

19 hours ago, Ronn said:

By the way, all EVs lose approx A THIRD of their range in the Winter. 

Manufactures don't like to mention this do they! 😉

Laughable isn't it! 

Whereas ICE powered vehicles are really good in very cold weather, short distance trips and heavy traffic???

Maybe double or triple the claimed consumption?

Laughable isn't it!

ICE powered cars are good in cold weather, never let you down✔️

Heavy Traffic? Not a problem with 'Stop/Start technology ✔️

Short Distances? Loose some of that weight, get a Bike. 

Nobody should be using cars for distances less than 1 mile, be it EV or ICE

Think of the Planet, both create Global Warming. 

Laughable isn't it!! 

Edited by Ronn
  • Haha 1

@Ronn 

Damn old people, polluters that worked hard all their life, stoking the boilers etc, keeping the home fires burning,

getting free bus passes, maybe where there are no busses or public transport.

I hope you practice what you preach, & it is good to see you are fit and elderly,  like the elderly you said before will maybe go electric.

Not all are fit and elderly, or young and mobile, and as for the 1 mile you just introduced, maybe double that, or treble, or what ever.

I will be sure to tell my elderly and infirm in-law that she cannot come up for coffee because some moron says she ought to be able to cycle the short distance.