Steering Wheel Trims?

OrionBG

Hey guys,

While I'm waiting for Škoda Bulgaria to finally update the configurator with the 2019 specs (including the digital dash) I've been examining the Karoq very carefully.

One thing that I didn't like at all during my test drive the other day, was the leather steering wheel finish... It is so smooth... ugh...it is like skin (I know... skin is still leather but...)

Isn't there an option for perforated leather or at least some leather with a texture? 

Also, the DSG paddles are very tiny (and short) aren't normal (big and wide) paddles offered in any of the packages?

Edited by OrionBG

Soo... it seems that it is possible... I just found a listing on a car selling site of a Karoq with this steering wheel!

Any ideas what package this is part of?

According to the ad, it is a 1.6 TDI Style with a Manual gearbox...

Karoq Steering Wheel1.jpg

Karoq Steering Wheel2.jpg

15 minutes ago, OrionBG said:

Soo... it seems that it is possible... I just found a listing on a car selling site of a Karoq with this steering wheel!

Any ideas what package this is part of?

According to the ad, it is a 1.6 TDI Style with a Manual gearbox...

Karoq Steering Wheel1.jpg

Karoq Steering Wheel2.jpg

Maybe it's the heated version

2 hours ago, don_kiddik said:

Maybe it's the heated version

The flattened bottom  :)  makes me suspect that it's one of the sports versions (heated/not heated), although on these I would expect the DSG paddles.

EDIT:  Now I see that the car in the picture has a manual gearbox, so the absence of DSG paddles makes sense.

Edited by agedbriar

7 hours ago, agedbriar said:

The flattened bottom  :)  makes me suspect that it's one of the sports versions (heated/not heated), although on these I would expect the DSG paddles.

EDIT:  Now I see that the car in the picture has a manual gearbox, so the absence of DSG paddles makes sense.

The pictures are from a car sales site and the car is marked as 2017 so I doubt they have released the Sportline back then... Especially since it is not out yet :)

On the other hand, I found this!

Aaaand I found another 2 ads on some other car selling sites: 

918834_6--2.jpg

Sketch (2).jpg

Edited by OrionBG

After some additional research, it appears that this steering wheel is the so called Sport Multifunction Steering wheel and is an option in some of the countries both with or without DSG paddles.

Unfortunately (for me) it seems that this steering wheel does not have heating :(

In Finland there is that normal round smooth steering wheel heated with or without paddles.

We have as option the Sport flat bottom steering wheel with or without paddles. Have it in Octavia, it is perforated and nicer to use than the normal smooth one. But, but the Sport is not heated, which is a pity.

• Like 1

So basically, you either have a nice looking and feeling steering wheel or a heated one that looks worse than the one on the Dacia Duster.... nice... :sadsmile:

BTW... Former Dacia Duster owner :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OrionBG said:

So basically, you either have a nice looking and feeling steering wheel or a heated one that looks worse than the one on the Dacia Duster....

Those nice-looking ones are the sports version and real sportsmen don't need extra heating ... :biggrin:

Edited by agedbriar

3 hours ago, agedbriar said:

Those nice-looking ones are the sports version and real sportsmen don't need extra heating ... :biggrin:

Mhmmm... I see... So I guess "real sportsmen" are not driving their cars at minus 10C ... :)

Edited by OrionBG
  • Thanks 1