Front assist not available

Hi

I recently acquired my first Skoda (and also first VAG product). It's a black L+K Combi which was nicely specced by the first owner. One of the things I really like are the driver aids, although sometimes annoying, I'm sure they can protect my family and myself some day.

Lane assist and active cruise control are working flawlessly. However, it seems to be impossible to switch on Front Assist. I always get the error that the feature is unavailable, both when accessing through the MaxiDot and the entertainment display.

I did notice that some functionalities of the car have been 'unlocked' (closing boot with remote, keep closing roof when switching off ignition,...), so I guess the previous owner already had a play with VCDS or similar.

Is it maybe possible that there was some coding error somewhere, that makes the system dysfunctional? Does anybody know what settings need to be set to enable Front Assist? I already got acquainted with OBDeleven, so if I know what modules are used for this feature, I can already have a look.

Thanks

Tom

Do you have the ESC set to On (not Sport or Off)?

I've noticed that when I set ESC to anything other than On the message "Front Assist not available" is shown on the Maxidot.

I guess that if I don't touch the button, it's on. Unless it has been programmed differently, but shouldn't the esp logo light up then?

Also, small correction. There are no settings for front assist in the entertainment screen, only the maxidot.

Edited by Soundstorm

My memory is pretty poor but I seem to remember seeing this if I have accidentally pushed the cruise control stalk away/forward, seems to turn FA off.

Probably wrong as usual but one day I intend to be right!

You said you have OBDEleven, have you done a scan for fault codes? Do any show for the front assist sensor (think they are listed under the ACC module.)

Do you have warranty? It sounds to me like there's either a fault or there's some coding errors which have caused this problem.

When I scan, there are no errors.

No warranty, was a private sale. Because front assist is not listed on the entertainment screen, I expect it will be a coding error. Just need to know what needs to be set on all modules, just to be sure.